Cosy 131 LAN/WAN issue

I have a client on site setting up a cosy131.
if he chooses any LAN different from the endusers LAN, he can connect to the cosy without issue.
When he chooses the spare LAN IP from the endusers network, he can no longer connect to the internet through the cosy. Do you have any suggestions on what the issue is?

Hi,

For setup the user will have to be plugged into port 1 of the Cosy and have there network adapter in the same subnet as the devices LAN to configure it.

If they are connected to the device but it is not showing in eBuddy they can use the set IP button to change the devices LAN IP.

Hi Zach,

Below is the issue Joshua is having on site. Please let him know if you have any suggestions.

I have attached the backup file from the device. Please provide any suggestions to try asap as I am only here for today and tomorrow.

I believe I need to set the gateway and DNS setting so for the LAN IP address, so if there is any way to accomplish that, please let me know. When I set my computer IP address to the same setting without setting the gateway and DNS settings, I cannot connect to the devices on the network or the internet. As soon as I set the gateway and DNS, I have full access. In eBuddy, I see that the gateway column for the IP address is blank. I also tried setting the WAN with a valid IP, gateway, and DNS setting, but it seems that does not transfer to the LAN settings.

I look forward to your reply. Thank you for your help!

Hi John,

I am seeing a conflict with the WAN and the LAN. This happens when the subnets overlap. What your customer sets up for the Cosy’s LAN IP need to be in a different range from what the rest of the network there is.

For example:
Cosy LAN- 192.168.5.24 with subnet 255.255.255.0
Cosy WAN- 192.168.5.50 with subnet 255.255.255.0

A configuration similar to this will cause the error that is being seen.