Cosy 131 while update RAM error, afterwards not responsive

Hi,

I had a cosy 131 which was fine, and i try to install the latest firmware to get it in the field again. During update - which started without problems - a error message appeared something like ‘couldn’t write to RAM’.

After that i tried recovery procedure ( it doesn’t show it’s IP anymore), but no matter what i try, the cosy doesn’t start with the procedure. ( start ebuddy, F7, give serial no, power off / power on, with Reset button pressed)… nothing happens. I have a switch in between.

Any suggestions would be very welcome…

thanks.

Hi @Jeroen1,

Just to make sure, when you went through the recovery procedure did you have a 10/100 switch in between your computer and the device like this guide below describes?

Can you also tell me the serial number of this device?

-Tim

Hi Tim,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, i did have a switch in between, and followed the description through ebuddy. That all worked fine, but at a certain point it stopped and showed an error message.

The serial is 1642-0500-22

Jeroen

Hi @Jeroen1,

One other thing to try might be to attempt the recovery on a second PC if possible, otherwise there’s not too much else we can do to get a device up and running after that.

With a serial number of 1642 that means it was made in the 42nd week of 2016, and I know that our warranty period is 36 months from the purchase date, so if you purchased this after February 16 2018 I think you should be able to do an RMA for this device. Do you know when this was purchased?

-Tim

Hi Tim,

I’ve tried to recover it through a 2nd pc, but no difference.

Do you mean that this device is now more or less ‘broken’, and cannot be fixed anymore? That’s kind of strange if this is done through a recommended firmware update…

Yeah, sure i bought it earlier, but also bought a few after this date.

Jeroen

Unfortunately there isn’t too much we can do on the support side if the recovery isn’t working. If the device is out of warranty I don’t think we’ll be able to give a replacement, but you may be able to talk with your distributor and see if they can send it in for repair.