Cosy 131 Wifi keeps going offline

@anondvtrchxw
Cosy keeps dropping offline, WAN is wifi, reboot allows reconnect. Was running fw 12.1, so upgraded to 13.0. Error msgs are connection errors, unable to connect to VPN (Texas). Will monitor with new firmware and recheck all configs.

Kyle, when I got back to my motel room this evening I tried to connect to the Cosy on the job site and it is again showing Offline. Could you follow up with me on Friday morning?

Thanks,

Jeff Mathews

913-605-0990

Sorry Jeff, we are in meetings, but I will get a break and call you soon.

No problem, I’ll be here all day.

Jeff

Hey Jeff,

Do you have those logs? Or can you send me a backup with support files?

Kyle

Kyle, attached is the Support Files from the Cosy unit. Not sure how to send you the event logs. Looks like they only go back about 2.5 hours. Let me know if you want to remote in again.

Jeff

Backup.etar.gz (40 KB)

Hi Jeff,

Sorry I missed you Fri - I tried calling once but we had company wide meetings all day.

Looking at the logs, the Cosy wasn’t able to connect to the internet through the wireless network, it was offline the whole time. Has the unit been able to stay connected to that network for a significant amount of time in the past? Have you tried using a wired connection there to see if it also drops off? I don’t see any configuration problems so it’s possibly an issue with the wireless network itself. Do you have another device you could test?

Kyle

Hi Jeff,

After viewing the logs, the WAN interface restarted, the device did not reboot, and that allowed the device to re-connect to the Wireless network. Without logs of when the device disconnected before, it’s hard to see exactly what is causing it. It could be problems with the wireless access point or the network, like an IP address conflict, or a problem with the Cosy itself. It has been online now for a few hours without interruption. I did turn on Wifi debugging and have been monitoring that. The network is using some older protocols so it may be time to update the firmware on the wireless systems. I also suggest updating the Cosy to the 13.2 pre-release firmware as there were some improvements made that might help with stability.

Another option, you can use the BASIC IDE to create a script to reboot WAN connection if the device goes offline for a certain time. Here are some examples of things you can do: https://developer.ewon.biz/content/communication-control and more documentation here.

Kyle

Kyle, sorry I keep missing your calls. I’ll try to keep my phone close by for you to call again.

Thanks,

Jeff

Kyle, checking the Cosy this morning I find it is Offline again. Today is my last day here so was hoping you could call me this morning to update if you have discovered anything on your end.

Thanks,

Jeff

913-605-0990

Hi Jeff,

We’d better get going on this! Can you send me a log from today so I can see what happened this last time it went offline? I will be able to give you a call this afternoon.

Thank you,
Kyle

> [kyle_HMS] kyle_HMS > > HMS Technical Support > December 12 > > Hi Jeff, > > We’d better get going on this! Can you send me a log from today so I > can see what happened this last time it went offline? I will be able > to give you a call this afternoon. > > Thank you, > Kyle >

MOVED TO STAFF NOTE (317 KB)</https:>

Kyle, I was trying to connect to the Cosy that we’ve been having problems with at my customer in Michigan. This is the one that keeps losing connection to the VPN and we have to reboot to re-connect. Today they rebooted and still did not connect so I had them verify the wifi is working in the plant which it is. I was then having them try to connect locally with their laptop via a web browser and that is not working either and they can not ping the unit. I had them ping other devices on the network and they replied OK. I am thinking this unit may have died. The other thing they’re telling me is the 3 network cables plugged into the Cosy are not showing any lights indicating they are connected, see attached photo. Do you have any suggestions to try before ordering a new one and how do we go about getting a warranty replacement if this unit is bad?

Thank you,

Jeff Mathews

913-605-0990

Jeff, do you have the serial number of that device handy?

Kyle