Cosy 141 Not Able to Reset (1st or 2nd Level)

I have two Cosy 141’s (EC51410) with the same problem of not having the ability to reset back to factory default. Both units will power up, and after a few seconds the Talk2M green LED lights up. While powered up, I’m unable to view them in eBuddy. I’ve tried a few times to 2nd level reset each unit and they both seem to remain in the same powered up sequence with only the Talk2M and Power LEDs illuminated green. While doing this, there are no Ethernet cables plugged in except the one from my laptop to Cosy port 1 (I’ve tried them all). Almost seems like they’re stuck.
Any thoughts?

Hi,

If the device is not showing up in eBuddy that might be because the ethernet port you are using on your laptop is not set to the same subnet as the Cosy. You can still change the IP address of the device even if it does not show up. You can select the Set IP button and input the devices serial number then the desired IP address of the device. Make sure the address you are setting it to is not in use and that the ethernet port you are using has a static IP set in the same subnet as the new IP address.

-Zach

Have these units been previously deployed? Can you share the serial numbers?

As far as resetting, make sure you are following these instructions and there are no cables or SD cards inserted in the device during the process. Are you seeing any activity at all on the USR LED during the process?

Hi Brian,

Just responding that I have been on the phone with you. The devices power on but are not able to be accessed via eCatcher or eBuddy. All LEDs accept the power turn off after a minute. using the serial number to change the devices IP on eBuddy failes. Device are serial numbers 1640-0048-39 and 1812-00-39.

The 1812-0039 device can be RMAd and the ticket number to do so will be #15376

-Zach