Cosy 141 not connection

I am having an issue with an Cosy 141 connecting to eCatcher servers. It had been connected over the weekend on wifi connection shared on a laptop to Ethernet. The eWon seeing internet, just not Talk2M connection.

Hi,

I am not sure I understand. The cosy 141 does not does not have wifi. Were you able to access the cosy remotely this weekend? If so then something local has changed.

Hi Zach,

I had found a way to use a lap top with wireless and an ethernet port to share the internet connection between wireless to the ethernet port. And yes, myself and our controls engineer had been able to logon to the eWon using this method.

Check the event log to see what errors are coming up. I would rerun the talk2m wizard on the device and see where it is failing. If it pass everything but the read talk2m config and talk2m connection test then somthing on the computer or network is blocking the VPN connection. If that is the case these this is the document of are ports and addresses that need to be opened.

I will be there Thursday morning to further isolate this issue. I have seen this happen before in our factory that the Talk2M can randomly take hours to connect. The eWon is hard line connected now seeing internet.

Thank you for the help Zach

Hi Zach,

Here is what I am seeing now… I have CC this company it personnel to assist connecting this ewon.

This is looking like the device does not have internet access, but only has a statically assigned WAN IP address which is why it showed that the internet connection passed.

HMS,

IT has followed all instructions with placing the URL to the eWon. His laptop will connect to the Talk2M, but the eWon is still not. Please advise if you have a other solution.

If the laptop is passing and the cosy that is using the laptop for internet is failing then a VPN connection for the cosy is likely being blocked by the computer.

HMS Team,

The Cosy is hard wired and it was still not passing VPN connection. Please advise on our next troubleshooting steps.

Hello @kurtisb,

Zach’s out this week on vacation so I’ll take over for now. Just to make sure, there’s no firewall or anything that might be blocking openvpn right? Is there any way you could temporarily move the device into a DMZ with no network restrictions and see if you’re still running into issues?

-Tim

Hello Tim,

I am not onsite with this eWon, please converse with @Alvin Herrera that is IT support in this company. The eWon had connected with DHCP and we attempted to setup a static IP but reverted to DHCP.

Kurtis

image001.jpg

image002.jpg

Ok that works for me, I’m not sure if Alvin already has an account on hms.how but can you have him reply on this page if he doesn’t already have an account?

I just emailed him and asked for him to make an account. Thanks for the help Tim!

image001.jpg

image002.jpg

image002.jpg

1 Like