Cosy blocking UDP data transfer in real time

Hello team support,

I have a request from customer that uses UDP to send data. Here is the request. How can he be able to still use his protocol through Cosy and make it transparent?

We have a PLC that spits out data in real time using UDP. On the HMI screen of the system we configure the ‘Remote IP Address’, which is address of receiving system or PC, as well as ‘Remote UDP Port’, which is port UDP data is sent on. See example configuration below.

On the PC end we have a small GUI that collects the data. You simply put the same configured port and it works if the ‘Remote IP Address’ is configured correctly. When using ‘255’ as the last digits of ‘Remote IP Address’ any IP address on the subnet can collect the data.

The above is tested and proven when I have the PC connected directly to the PLC network, but I can’t get it to work through the VPN router. I am thinking the ‘Remote IP Address’ and ‘Remote UDP Port’ are translated by the router somehow, and maybe if I change some settings I can get it to work.

Thanks,

Best Regards,

@jseanor,

I don’nt know why but I can’t see your reply on this topic…

Can you put it again?

Thanks,

@Jcadorette

The eWON does full port forwarding and does not restrict access based on any port. Based on your description I imagine some type of broadcast messaging is taking place here to handle these requests, this isn’t going to work.

Have you tried enabling the broadcast forwarding parameter?

@Jcadorette

I just wanted to reach out to determine the status of this issue. If you could let me know at your earliest convenience.