Cosy Wifi device continues to drop connection after Update

@anonsmbxvlrk
Hello Roberto,

Per our conversation, you have a Cosy device that continues to drop the connection every 10-30 minutes. You updated to the latest firmware last week, it hopes to resolve this issue. However, the it still persists.

As discussed on the phone, you have a technician on site that will be downloading the back up file with support files. Once you are able to get that information, please attach the backup, and we will be able to continue our troubleshooting process.

Please let me know if I can provide any additional information.

-Kevin

Kevin,

Here’s the support file

So far I got a better connection by using the fallback wifi option. It’s still slightly unreliable, but does not drop as often.

Thank you,

Kevin_hms
June 13

@anonsmbxvlrk
Hello Roberto,

Per our conversation, you have a Cosy device that continues to drop the connection every 10-30 minutes. You updated to the latest firmware last week, it hopes to resolve this issue. However, the it still persists.

As discussed on the phone, you have a technician on site that will be downloading the back up file with support files. Once you are able to get that information, please attach the backup, and we will be able to continue our troubleshooting process.

Please let me know if I can provide any additional information.

-Kevin

Backup API.etar.gz (26.7 KB)

Hi Roberto,

For future reference, please use eBuddy to make a device back up and check the support files box. I was able to see the logs in the file you sent, but everything came in one file which makes it harder to find what we’re looking for.

The logs are indicating that there is Electromagnetic Interference (EMI) being picked up at the ethernet switch port.

1560413631;"13/06/2019 08:13:51";"pla-Switch monitoring (<a data-jx href='/rcgi.bin/wsdForm?AST_ErrorMsg=switch monitor activated&sys_Csave=1&sys_SWITCH_MONITOR=1'>counters fix here</a>)";"";0;1073762010

Are you using shielded CAT5? How long are the runs? Are the cables near power lines or another source of interference?

You may be able to clean up the signal temporarily by inserting a small unmanaged switch at the end of the cable(s), but I would check and fix the cabling as necessary.

Thank you,

Kyle