Cosy131 Slow Downloading Speed for IFM PLC Programing

Hi,
I have a COSY131 4G NA and use it for downloading PLC program for IFM CR0033 via USB port. TheCOSY131 4G NA is connected to Canada Bell LTE via Bell SIM card. I downloaded a program (<1MB) to the IFM CR0033 PLC through COSY131 via eCatcher and CodeSys. The whole download duration took approximately 80 mins, which is very slow. I did some research and tried force TCP connection on both COSY131and eCatcher. Also, I tried some different VPN Servers. But there is no improvement on download speed.

ATTACHMENTS MOVED TO STAFF NOTE

Let me know if you need any further info.
Thanks,
Solomon

How is the VPN performance otherwise, like when capturing a backup through eBuddy or connecting to any other devices you might have?

Are you able to connect through Ethernet or Wi-Fi on site, rather than via a cellular connection? If so, do transfers go through at a reasonable rate through those interfaces?

I have another device, which is IFM CR1201. But, it is connected by a LAN cable. It’s also slow. 15mins for 4000Kb.

i didnt try to connect through Ethernet or Wi-Fi. My application case is for a cellular connection.

Thanks

I just tried the Ethernet INTERNET connection. ~256 bytes/s downloading rate for IFM CR0033 via CodeSys2.3, which is via USB port on EWON. The rate is faster than a cellular connection (~150 bytes/s), but still slow. And, very easy lost usb connection and force me to logout the IFM CR0033; but, in the mean time, I still can communicate with EWON.

I also tried IFM CR1201 via LAN port (and CodeSys3.5) again, the rate is ~100kB/s under the Ethernet INTERNET connection, or ~90kB/s under the Bell cellular connection.

So, I think the slowness downloading rate is more likely due to the Ewon USB port communication. How can I solve it?

Thanks,

Thanks for investigating the Ethernet connection. I agree with your logic, it sounds like it’s not the connection from your computer to the Ewon since Ethernet and cellular are both very slow and the LAN device was much faster. How long is the USB cable being used? Do you know if it runs by any sources of interference? Is it shielded?

I think it would be a good idea to submit a ticket to our support portal. From there we can raise the issue to have our escalation team take a look. You can find it here: https://support.hms-networks.com/

Thank you, I will submit a ticket.

the USB cable is 4 meters long. I dont think there is any interference. I have tested that if I connect the USB directly to my laptop without change any test devices layout. There is no interference, and the program downloading is completed almost instantly.