Cosy131 Talk2M denied

Hi,there, my Cosy131 when configuration Talk2M has error said access denied, my computer has ethernet cable connect to cosy LAN port, internet connect to WAN port, PLC connect to LAN port. I changed eCatcher account and login, then Talk2M configuration failed, the formal account it works, for some reason I need to use new account. your help appreciate. Thanks a lot!
Candia

Hi, there, read the forum questions, found one same as mine, so I know how to do it, just delete the old account Ewon device and then the new account will be ok, my question is one device can tie one admin account only? If the other person want to use this Ewon, we need use the same account and same password? Thanks a lot!

Correct you will need to remove it from the old account before activating it on a new account.

An account can have multiple users each with their own password. With a talk2m pro account you have additional features such as restricting users to pools of devices and multiple concurrent connections. Talk2M pro

Thanks Deryck. If any questions will ask you again, still testing my device.

Hi, deryck:
My device cosy 131 now configuration all looks good, but it keep dropping when I connect to my PLC, I just wondering our company already 4 device under one account, is it any limitation for one account can not hold 4 device at the same time? Or other reason for it? Thanks a lot!
Candia

There is no limit to the number of devices in an account. A standard account is limited to one VPN connection at a time. I would recommend opening a support case on support.hms-networks.com and providing a backup, taken from ebuddy with support files.

Hi, deryck:
Thanks a lot, I will do it and also let them delete the old account for us then. The old account if no any device tied to it, should not give us any trouble right? It is just empty account? Thanks a lot!
Candia

Yes, An empty account should not cause any issues it is just an empty account.