Cozy 131 Wont Connect to Internet

Hi, First time here because never had a problem. :slight_smile:
Experienced customer has a Cozy 131 which he cannot get to connect to the Internet via the Public WAN side. Config will try but fail and has repeated many times. He also set the unit back via a Lvl 2 reset to defaults and tried again … no luck. If he takes his computer and puts it on the public side he can get his computer to connect to the Internet.

This has never happened wondering if just a bad unit.

What is next?

Hello,

What kind of connection are you using to get onto the internet? Ethernet/3G/4G/Wifi? Also is the device passing the internet wizard and just failing the talk2m connection test?

Ethernet and Yes failing the talk2m Connection test but does not work in general. (repeated many times)

Which part is it failing on for the Talk2M connection wizard?

If it’s running into issues with udp/tcp this doc might be useful

I’ve forwarded this to the customer and recommended he come to this topic to answer the question directly so I dont mess up being in the middle.

Hi Tim,

Bill was talking to you earlier on this issue on my behalf. The internet test (i.e. the second wizard) is failing yet i’ve verified that the port I’m plugged into has internet because my laptop will work with DHCP. I’ve tried both a static IP and DHCP on the Cosy131.

Thanks,
Scott

Ethernet connection. No, it’s not passing the internet connection wizard.

Can you check that you’re upgraded to the newest firmware and try again?

Can you follow the procedure for upgrading through ebuddy seen in the link below

Update. Customer was at 2nd location and tried the non working Cozy. It did not work. Customer Flashed the firmware and it DID start working. Took the newly flashed unit back to first site and it still did not work. So it seems there is something in the network blocking the unit. At this time Customer had to come back to home location and will remote in via another method to help troubleshoot with that sites IT department to find where it is being blocked.

If that’s the case, it’s usually some kind of firewall on the network blocking Openvpn or an issue with the udp/tcp ports

We worked with the end user’s IT and they were seeing traffic going out to a couple of public IPs but the wizard is still failing on the internet test. I will be getting a log from them very soon that I can forward on if that would be helpful.

Is there any way they can try running the wizard again with the firewall disabled or move the device onto a DMZ with no network restrictions to see if it can pass after that?

The IT person we’re working with said there is no fire wall involved. The next option was to try moving the Cosy to another network connection. I can’t say if that is a DMZ or not but I got the impression that it had less restrictions. That won’t happen for a little while due to some physical constraints but when it does, I’ll post the results.

Hello,

Just wanted to see if there was any update on this post