Daisy 7318 modules

I am a new user and have a quick question. Can you daisy chain the 7318 modules so that you can access two separate CANBUS strings? Seems like a simple question but I cannot locate the answer anywhere.

Is there any special consideration for addressing them other than an IP address?

The AB7318 CAN Communicator could be connected to another AB7318, so that they are communicating on the same bus, but I’m not sure if that’s what you’re asking.

Can you provide more details, like what other devices are involved and what the objective is? A network diagram would also be helpful.

Good morning Kyle.

Thank you for the quick response.

I just need to hang two of these on the same ethernet cable and have the two function separately. There will not be any connection or communication from one CANBUS to the other one. I would simply access them independently through their IP address. It seems like this would be perfectly fine but was just verifying it.

Does that make more sense?

Yes, that would work fine. They can both be connected to the same TCP/IP network and you can access them individually by their IP addresses.

Thank you for the quick response and confirmation.