Data Exchange between PLC and ABC over EIP

@anonjzvakemy
Hi Lynn,

I created an interactive topic for this question so we can exchange info through email or on the hms.how support board if you want.

It sounds like you are most likely working with an AB7072, but possibly the HMS-EN2MB-R (has tighter integration with the Rockwell software).

I will email you some info that should help you work with either.

Kyle

@anonjzvakemy

Lynn,

Here are the links for documentation:
AB7072
HMS-EN2MB-R

This is an illustration of the memory mapping in the AB7072 User Manual:
Input and output data is accessed using I/O connections or explicit messages towards the assembly object and the parameter input/output mapping objects. The EtherNet/IP Run/Idle header function must be disabled in the Anybus Configuration Manager if explicit messaging is used.
You can find information about the CIP Object Implementation on page 107 of the user manual.

Let me know if you have any questions on this.

Thanks,
Kyle

Kyle,

I have the PLC reading Modbus registers 300001 thru 300009 in the Anybus unit. It’s working fine but now I need to read 400001 thru 400025 registers. I don’t specifically see the CIP object settings to do this in the manual. Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

MR Systems, Inc.

Kyle,

I have the PLC reading Modbus registers 300001 thru 300009 in the Anybus unit. It’s working fine but now I need to read 400001 thru 400025 registers. I don’t specifically see the CIP object settings to do this in the manual. Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

MR Systems, Inc.

Logo
Logo
Logo

Voice Message

+17705190423-0220-114353-125.mp3 (131 KB)

Hi Len,

Sorry about the delay, you will have to work with vendor to configure the registers first. He probably knows how to do this, but this is a good article which describes it in more detail:

Kyle

Topic closed due to inactivity.