Data logging issues EN2SE-R

Hello

I am using an EN2SE-R along with an L43S CompactLogix and 1768-ENBT/A (fw revisions 20.11 and 4.5 respectively) to control a Technifor UC500 Marking Unit controller.

I’ve got everything set-up and my subnetwork light is green until I try and send a command to the unit. Subnetwork LED goes red at that point.

The main issue I am running into right now is when I click data log, and select ‘continuously log’ I don’t get the data logging window to pop up. I searched all the files on my hard drive for a log file and looked manually through all HMS folders and can’t find a log file as well. The Configuration window acts like it’s logging (“Stop Logging” button shows up and “Start Logging” button goes gray) but I get no window and no logging information.

I’m running Windows 7 if that makes a difference.

Hello @jonpcma,

When you click log the device is logging traffic on the serial network in the background with no window showing the data. Once you hit stop logging if it logged data a window will pop up. If no data is log you will only receive a dialog box saying “No data logged” . If you select log continuously you will need to click stop logging for a window to come up.

Are you not having any window pop up?

Deryck

Thank you, I was just doing it wrong. I’ve got the data log feature to work now, however I need help figuring out what I’m doing wrong.

My data string going to the device is formatted properly (now that I can see the log) but as soon as I send it my Subnetwork status LED goes from solid green to solid red. I’m not exactly sure what this means. All network settings are correct on both ends and I’ve tried a variety of baud rates and parity settings (not using checksum at the moment).

The Technifor documentation with regards to serial commands is not very clear.

I can post technifor info (there’s not much) and my config files if need be.

To me , the subnetwork LED turning solid Red means there is an issue with the subnetwork itself and not necessarily the data packet’s I’m sending.

The subnet work LED, LED 5, is showing you the status of the subnetwork based on the query response. It looks at the messages going out and check if there is the corresponding response coming back.

If you are only using generic data mode with no query response this LED will most likely be red. If you are using master mode this indicates you have one or more transactions not seeing a response.

Makes sense.

I’m going to post the Technifor information as well as my config files. If you could please let me know if you see anything here before I call Technifor.

TECHNIFOR_HELP

TECHNIFOR_HELP3
export_info.xml (2.4 KB)
AopConfiguration.cfg (16.0 KB)
AopConfiguration.cfx (8.7 KB)

Log file is as follows:

log.txt (1.9 KB)

I know the data string is valid

Thanks again

Nothing stands out as incorrect here. Im not sure i really understand what you need to be doing however.

Your log only shows the Anybus sending data on the Tx line and no response back from the device.

Deryck

That’s exactly what’s happening. I just wanted to make sure I didn’t have any incorrect settings before contacting Technifor. The Unit should respond with an ACK regardless of what command I send but I’m not getting anything from it.

The specific command in the example above is to load a variable (V0) with the text inside the quotations so it can mark the part with said text string.

Thanks for the help.

No problem, let us know if there is something we can help with.

Deryck