DataMailbox data usage

Hi, I have a question about the DataMailbox data point count usage.

Does the ‘Datamailbox upload interval’ being set to a shorter time value only upload the new points, or all existing points? So that ex. if it is set to 1 minute vs. 10 minutes, it could potentially use 10x points?

Or does it only upload ‘new’ points so the upload interval is independent of the total monthly point count?

Thank you.

Hi,

This is depended on what your tag settings to record deadband or if they are doing time interval. The Datamailbox interval is just when the Flexy makes an upload to the Datamailbox so any data points you have created since the last upload will be uploaded.

Hi, I currently have deadband off (Logging value = -1 and Logging interval = 30 sec) as I wish to get the value timestamped even if it hasn’t changed.

So just to confirm, if the ‘Datamailbox upload interval’ is set to 1 minute vs. 10 minutes, only the newest points since last upload are sent since the previous upload?

Yes, since you are using 30 second logging interval, if one use one tag and set the upload to 1 minutes you would have 2 data points uploaded and 10 minutes would have 20 datapoints uploaded.

Understood, thanks for helping explain it!

One more question: My desired functionality is to have a deadband (ex. 0.1) as well as a 30-second interval, so that a point is only sent up to the DataMailbox if it exceeds the deadband ( > 0.1 value change) AND is more than 30 seconds since the last point.

Is this possible to do with ‘0.1’ and ‘30’ as the values? It seems from my test that it is now loading the points every time it exceeds the deadband and not respecting the 30-second value.

Thank you.

Please advise, as the DataMailbox usage has gone up considerably today, so it seems that it’s not working as I had expected. Thanks!

Hi, Could someone please advise on my previous question? Thank you

Deadband and Time interval work independent of one another and would upload both. We don’t have an example of it but you could use scripting in the BASIC IDE using DM sync. If your based in North America we can offer it as a service to create this script. If you would like to try and do it yourself here is the programming reference guide rg-0006-01-en-basic-programming.pdf (950.9 KB)

Hi, I have another topic but I haven’t received a reply in 2 days so I’m trying again.

For historical logging: My desired functionality is to have a deadband (ex. 0.1) as well as a 30-second interval, so that a point is ONLY sent up to the DataMailbox if it exceeds the deadband ( > 0.1 value change) AND is more than 30 seconds since the last point.

Is this possible to do with ‘0.1’ and ‘30’ as the values? It seems from my test that it does not work this way, and uploads the point every time it exceeds the deadband irrespective of the 30-second value.

Please advise if this is possible.

Hi, I have another topic but I haven’t received a reply in 2 days so I’m trying again.

For historical logging: My desired functionality is to have a deadband (ex. 0.1) as well as a 30-second interval, so that a point is ONLY sent up to the DataMailbox if it exceeds the deadband ( > 0.1 value change) AND is more than 30 seconds since the last point.

Is this possible to do with ‘0.1’ and ‘30’ as the values? It seems from my test that it does not work this way, and uploads the point every time it exceeds the deadband irrespective of the 30-second value.

Please advise if this is possible.