Device dropping

@anonxiyajwfe
Canadian carrier Telus

IMPORTANT NOTE ON TELUS: With Telus when your using a device like a Wi-Fi hotspot your supposed to use isp.telus.net as your APN. If you use just sp.telus.net uses a different billing method and will just block traffic once it reaches a cap.

Here’s the logs

MOVED TO STAFF NOTE (369 KB)

Hey Brian,

Is it possible to get a backup from one of the “working” devices(include Support Files)? That would be really helpful so I could compare a few things.

thanks,
Kyle

Hi Kyle,

Quick question for you, I got in touch with Telus (the cell network ISP) and they said:

Hi Brian,

They’ve checked the logs and it appears that when the device was trying to reconnect, it wasn’t using “isp.telus.com” as the APN – it appears to be using attach.telus.com. Could you double check the device setting to make sure it uses “isp.telus.com” for both connect and reconnect?

I would be out of office after this. If you need immediate assistance, please give us a call and refer to that ticket. If not, I will be checking back with you again tomorrow.

Thanks,

The APN setting is set correctly, but they said when it gets stuck re-connecting it’s trying to connect to the wrong APN and then not getting internet access.

Any ideas? Please feel free to call.

Thanks,

Brian

Hey Brian,

I just tried calling the office but it’s not open, you are west coast right?

I was just going to check and see if I can get a credential to check device or if we can do a Teamviewer at some point. I’m not quite sure why the device wouldn’t use the APN that it’s configured with, that is strange. Give me a call or write back and I’ll take a look.

Thanks,
Kyle
312-893-5636

Hi Kyle,

I got in just a minute ago, I’ll make sure the device is online then give you a call. The settings for the APN are correct, but it seems to only have issues on re-connect.

Thanks,

Brian

Hi Kyle,

The device fell offline again, I have the specific time. Do you mind looking at it with me briefly.

Thanks,

Brian

Sure, I’ll give you a call in a few minutes.

Hi Kyle,

I got the activation key, and it restored connection to the VPN, was there anything else you wanted me to check on?

Thanks,

Brian

I would like to see the logs after it’s run for a while, if you could send them over at some point today and let me know if there has been any issues. The BASIC running now, right?

Hi Kyle,

I started the program a little while(less than an hour) before the backup was created.

It’s worth noting I was seeing some new warnings in the logs that look promising(emodem-The GSM modem INIT string failed (wrong APN,?)) and that some of the old errors are not there anymore (bass-orphan socket?)

Also there’s a warning that says (emodem-Modem RESET) is that from the HTTP_REQTO setting?

Please let me know what you think.

BRIAN COSPER | NETWORK ENGINEER

Hi Kyle,

After the device had the program restarted the bass-orphan error is re-appearing.

The device logs on the second file here have some more information.

Thanks,

Brian

Hi Kyle,

I’ve sent you two separate log files. Please confirm you received them.

I have received themand am reviewing them now.

Thanks Brian!

I will be at lunch, if you need to reach me please email me.

Brian,

It looks like the BASIC code is interfering with the general operation of the device:

Can you have the person who wrote that code take a look?

Kyle

Hi Kyle,

The HTTP_REQTO seems to have resolved the issue of the device not being able to re-connect. Can you briefly describe what that setting does?

Thanks,

Brian

MSI****TEC

Topic closed due to inactivity.