Does AB7554 support 10 simultaneous OPC UA clients?

Hi.

Does AB7554 support 10 simultaneous OPC UA clients?

User’s manual does not say anything about this.

Hello,

We don’t have an established Max connections for OPC UA. I checked our forums and manuals, and could not find any limitations that shows an OPCUA client connection limit.

Hi Kevin.

We are planning to use the GW in a project where it is an absolute requirement that the GW supports minimum 10 simultaneous OPC UA clients.

Since you cannot guarantee 10 simultaneous OPC UA clients we will opt for another product.

Thank you so much for your support.

Hello Torsae,

Did you mean to post to the topic? You do not have anything written.

Hello Torsae,

I am awaiting a response from our development team regarding our max OPC UA Client connections. I will follow up once I get response.

@torsae

Hello,

I have recieved a response and found the information that you are looking for.

The max subscritions of OPC UA Clients is 10.

Within the User Manual, under Section 10.9.2, Data Subscription Configuration. You will be able to read more regarding the Subscription information.

Hello Kevin.

Thanks, but I do not find section 10.9.2 in User Manual – Anybus X-gateway or User Manual – IIoT Network Interface.

https://www.anybus.com/technical-support/resources/downloads-and-documentation?ordercode=AB7554

In the Enabling and Using OPC UA on the Anybus X-Gateway IIoT Application Note I found this.

image002.png

I have 12 digital inputs and 4 digital outputs to monitor and control via OPC UA client.

Will each of the OPC UA see this as the same tags or will it be like 16 tags x 10 OPC UA connections = 160 tags?

image001.png

Hello @torsae ,

Sorry for the confusion I was discussing this issue with Kevin yesterday and made the incorrect assumption that this device was build on our Compactcom IIOT that was released around the same time. I believe this is what he was referring to previously.

The info you just posted is the accurate info to follow you are limited to reading 80 tags but there isn’t a limit on the number of clients it will connect to.

Do you need to both read and write to the tags? You might be running into an issue with the gateway where it is only designed to read tags. I would need to double check with the product manager on this.

Deryck

Hello Deryck.

Yes, we will need to write to the tags.

image001.png

This would pose an issue, unfortunately the connection is OPC DA with data going on one direction from server to client.

Deryck

Hello Deryck.

Thank you for clarifying this. Unfortunately it means we cannot use the Anybus GW for SCADA / automation purpose.

You may close this case now.

image001.png

Hi @torsae,

Thanks for following up, it is unfortunate to here this. You might be able to use our ewon Flexy. This has OPC UA support for reading and writing. This has a limit of 10 OPC UA devices and supports reading and writing .

Here is the user guide with some setup info.https://hmsnetworks.blob.core.windows.net/www/docs/librariesprovider10/downloads-monitored/manuals/application-user-guide/aug-0064-00-en-opc-ua-server.pdf

I recommend contacting your local distributor for more info.
https://www.ewon.biz/contact/find-distributor

Hi Deryck.

Yes, Flexy could work for this application.

image001.png