Doubts Flexi 205

Good Morning,

We have a Flexy 205 and we need the following:

1.- A WAN port to communicate the PLC with our server
2.- Have the option to only open specific ports?
3.- Remote connection to the PLC from VPN Talk2Me

Of the 4 available ports, are they all configurable as LAN or WAN? Or is each port designed for one use?

Thanks

Hello,

1. The PLC can be routed from the WAN to the LAN through NAT1:1. If the PLC just needs internet, we do have the ability to enable internet on the LAN side besides Talk2m.
  2. As for the specific ports, the LAN side does allow port forwarding. However, this is no port filtering on the LAN. The Talk2m Side only requires port 1194, and 443 to be active.
  3. With the device on the LAN side, you will be able to communicate with the PLC remotely through Talk2m.

Each port can be configured individually through the System Wizard. I would advise contacting our sales team to further discuss oppurtunities with eWON units.

https://www.ewon.biz/contact

Thanks @Kevin_hms

I do not know if I explained correctly. What I need is to connect an Ewon to interact with the Simens PLC (read and write in the memory of the PLC) all this through an OPC server that would be in the WAN. And then have the option of remote connection via VPN from talk2m to the PLC for possible modifications of the PLC provider.

I have configured the WAN port with an IP from the range of the OPC server and then on the LAN the PLC with its range. On the LAN I would also have a Windows PC and also need access to specific ports from the WAN.

I do not know how I can read/write with OPC server to the PLC and PC on the LAN, I don’t see where I can open the ports (102 for Siemens and 8888 por the PC).

Ports can be opened in both directions between the OPC server and the PLC?

OPC server IP: 10.20.0.100
Ewon WAN IP: 10.20.0.200
Ewon LAN IP: 192.168.1.10
PLC IP: 192.168.1.11
PC IP: 192.168.1.12

Thanks for all

Hello Mencar,

Do I understand correctly that The PLC is the OPC UA Client on the LAN side of the Flexy and the OPC UA server is on the LAN side.

You do not wish to use the Flexy’s OPC UA Client (called OPC UA IOServer) or the Siemens IO Server you want just to let the Data through.
Did I understand that Intention correctly?

In this Case you can use the Proxy Settings to allow specific Ports to specific IP addresses to be forwarded.
See this Document for information how to configure that:

hmsnetworks.blob.core.windows.net

kb-0149-00-en-use-a-proxy-to-reach-plc.pdf

105.97 KB

Keep in mind the following limitations of this setting:
To allow a Connection from the WAN side it is necessary to change the Security Settings of the WAN side to
“Allow all trafic on WAN connection”
This means the local Webpage of the Flexy can be pinged and reach from the WAN side.
This should not be configured if your WAN side is not secure (behind a router) or if People on the WAN side should not get access to the local Webpage.

If the Proxy is set on WAN the M2Web functionality is impacted. For the Flexy to be able to allow M2Web access to devices behind the Flexy the Proxy Settings need to be turned off or set to VPN.