eBuddy won't find Cosy 131

I set up a brand new Cosy about 1 month ago. I could easily connect to it via eBuddy. Now I am on site and with the final configuration complete, I want to do a backup to SD card so I don’t have to worry about setting up another Cosy for my next project. the problem is I cannot find the Cosy in eBuddy.

It is the exact same computer I used to set it up originally. I have turned off my anti-virus and Firewall without any effect. I can ping the Cosy and open it in a web browser (where I just did a beckup of it to my hard drive.)

So, I have 2 questions, will the backup file from the web browser be sufficient to setup a new cosy to the same setup that this one is at?
What can I do to find the Cosy in eBuddy?

Thank you!

Hello,

To start off with, can you try connecting a cable from the Cosy directly to the PC and see if it shows up in eBuddy?

Alternatively if the device is online, you can connect to the Cosy through eCatcher and then the device will show up in eBuddy so you can take a backup

Hi Tim,

I have been connecting directly to the cosy 131 directly from my computer. I connect to the LAN port specifically from my laptop. But I still cannot see it. (Note that I have turned off my firewall and anti-virus and this did not help.)

I did connect to it using eCatcher, then opened eBuddy and it showed up in eBuddy.

Now the issue I am having is that every time I click on SD Card I get a message say that there is no removable drives detected.

To simplify all of this, even though the eWon did not appear in eBuddy, I could click the Backup/Restore button and enter the IP address of the eWon. I did get a .TAR file from this. Can I use this .TAR file to setup the next Cosy I get for a similar project? Or do I need to connect to the SD Card to setup the next one?

Thank you!

Hello,

As long as you have the backup.tar file you don’t need an sd card to put the backup data on another device. You can just connect to the device locally and then click restore and select the backup file.

I’m not really sure why you’d be able to ping the device though if it’s not showing up in eBuddy. The only thing I would say to check for that would be to try and make sure that you have the most recent version of ebuddy or you could try a level 2 reset of the device.