EC310 scada questions

Dear Deryck

if the customer has SCADA system and the EC310 is connecting to devices through Modbus RS485, and to the SCADA through LAN Transparent Modbus TCP, do he need to subscribe on M&A so his SCADA is still working without using the WAN port after configuration phases. or just open internet when there is a situation.

Are you referring the the transparent Modbus? This should be transparent from the configured COM port to the LAN side of the device. It does not rely on Argos or the WAN connection.

Deryck

That is what i am trying to tell the guy in the support page , but he insist that this is only on LC310.

You do need to configure the EC350 though Argos.

Hi Deryck,

it is an EC310,
yes sure, configuration will be from Argos,
My question is: Do customer need to pay an annual subscription (M&A) for connecting an HMI Screen or SCADA on the EC310 LAN port for transparent Modbus TCP from his Modbus RTU devices internally? or View & Control account is enough for transparent Modbus TCP on LAN from serial devices on RS485?

Best Regards,

Georgwe

Dear Robert,

Thank you, that is what i was asking.

Ok lets review the scenario,

For LAN Port

All LAN ports will be conected by Customers Network in 1 Virtual nerwork with the SCADA with OPC modbus server

Is it possible?

Is it possible for more than 400 unit LAN in 1 virtual network? or what i need?

For WAN Port

Can i control WAN communication by digital input on EC310? or this should be done by another mean?

We know that we can ommit remote access but can i activate or ommit live values also by another input? so the trafic (connection opening) will only be in log time only (ex. every hour) and any other trafic for Live polling shall be on demand from customer through a digital input.

Waiting your appreciated reply,

Best Regards,

George

Hi George,

Manage and Analyses is not needed for the transparent forwarding.

I am not sure if the second set of questions were directed at me. I will answer what I can.

A 400 device lan is possible if set up correctly.

The WAN cannot be controlled by a digital key switch. A digital key switch can be used when the unit is in Remote Access mode to control VPN connection.

You can configure the Netbiter for either remote access or for logging and live values on netbiter.net.

Dear Deryck,

Thank you for your support,

Best Regards,

George

Dear Deryck,

Two more questions :slight_smile: ,
concerning Remote Access and firmware upgrade.
do both works if the WAN is configured for only out going firewall restrictions (no incoming traffic) .

is there a sample for Alarm mail that is generated by Argos and can it be customized?

Best Regards,

George

Dear Deryck,

Please advise is there any document concerning the servers physical location for Argos?
Also is there any known cases for not connecting with EC gateways due to problem of VPN services in MENA region (specially in Egypt country)?

Best Regards,

George

concerning Remote Access and firmware upgrade.
do both works if the WAN is configured for only out going firewall restrictions (no incoming traffic).
The ewon should only be establishing an outgoing connection it should never see in incoming connection from us.
is there a sample for Alarm mail that is generated by Argos and can it be customized?
The alarm format can not be customized only the names. ie: device name and alarm name

Please advise is there any document concerning the servers physical location for Argos?
Also is there any known cases for not connecting with EC gateways due to problem of VPN services in MENA region (specially in Egypt country)?

I have made an internal inquiry regarding these two questions. For the VPN locations we have them setup in each major geographical region. You can see the relative server location in the remote access setting. image
I have not heard of any issues myself regarding devices in Egypt but I also do not provide support for that area.

Hello,

To follow up with this after discussing with it internally. We currently do not have a public list of our server location.

In regards to using the Netbiter in Egypt should not present any issue when using Argos only. Using Quickconnect and a VPN tunnel does have the potential to see issues since it is using a VPN connection.

Deryck

Topic closed due to inactivity.