Ec350 rs232

netbiter
ec350

@anonjdqszaie
Hi Amit,

We have tested the setup and it should be working now. Can you talk a look at the device and see if the RS232 light is on?

Hi Zach
Unfortunately the LED is still:

image.png

Please assist

Thank you

Amit

Hello Amit,

I have two options i would like to try.

1. Enable remote access for the device and enable the RS232 option in there and synchronize those settings to the device.
    a. Check the LED status in remote access mode.
    b. Switch back to remote management mode and synchronize again.
  2. I would also like to have the device removed from the account and added to a new account and test the synchronization.

Deryck

hello Amit,

I wanted to check in and see if you made any further progress this issue. Were you able to test either of the options I previously mentioned?

Deryck

@anonjdqszaie

Please so ahead, please do the needful. Greatly appreciate your efforts
Amit

Hello Amit,

I don’t quite understand what you are asking? You are still having issue with the RS232?

Deryck

Hi Deryck

I probably miss understood you. I was under the impression you wanted to log in remotely to resolve the rs232 issue.

How should I proceed?

Thank you

Amit

Hello Amit,

At this time lest start with the following.
I setup a new configuration for the device using it in remote access mode. Can you synchronize this configuration and let me know if the RS232 is enabled? Can you please take a picture of the face of the device so i can see what the LED’s are doing myself.

Deryck

Hi Deryck,
I synchronized the device but it still can not read RS232 inputs

See the image below of LED configuration

Please assist

Thank you

Amit

Hello Amit,

The last option I can thing of is to removed the device from your account and add it to my test account or a new account and synchronize a configuration from that. If you would like me to move the device around I would like to schedule a time to do this with you on the phone so we can test as as we go.

Deryck

Hi Deryck
I will be available this week every day at 1800PM eastern standard time.

If that work for you please let me know which day works best for you.

Thank you

Amit

Amit Gitterman Mobile
C: 954-865-9557

Hi Amit,

Unfortunately that would not work for me.

Let me look into a few different options to test this.

One idea is that you could ship the device to me to do some testing with it. Do you think this would be possible on your end? This might be the easiest since I can work with the hardware directly and verify everything works but does involved more time and shipping costs.

The other option would be to remove the device from the account and we can see if the issue still occurs in another account. This option you can do on your own.

Regards,
Deryck

Thank you, Understood

I will try to remove this from the account first
What is the procedure to do that?

Hello Amit,

I realized you will end up losing your configuration if you just remove the device. What I propose is that we first swap the device out with one of our test devices to first keep the configuration then remove your device. I have added a spare test device of our to your account to use for this.
The spare device has system ID 003011FAE89A with activation code: aZmdwGKK (you will need this to swap the device)

Go to Management > properties and click advanced config

Under Active you will see your device listed. Select the option on the right to replace and enter in the info for the demo device and swap the units. At this point keep track of the device with the system ID’s as the name will swap.

Once they are swapped you should find your device under Inactive with a remove button on the right.

Remove the device and it is now free to be added to a new account.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Deryck

Thank you Deryck, very well written

I replace 003011fae352 with 003011fae89a and then removed 003011fae352 as you explained from the inactive tab.

I have added the device now to a new account and synchronized the following configuration:

LED still show RS485

If there is a way to send it with a UPS label you produce it will be great

Thank you

Amit

I would first make sure we have tested that the RS232 is not working with just the wrong LED illuminating. Have you tested the RS232 device with this current configuration?

Once we verify this we will go directly to a standard RMA for them to diagnose the device.

Deryck

Understood and agree, I want to prove the slave device can communicate in RS232 first:

Please note I tested the RS232 slave device and have the following output from its registers:

I have another Ewan EC350 that do not have the LED phenomenon of RS485 instead of RS232. I configured it in the following way:

image.png

I tried swapped and float as well but still can not populate the values into the ec350

Any additional recommendations?

Thank you

Amit

Hi Amit,

My idea what to test the Netbiter with the wrong led showing up. It would be good to make sure the device itself can communicate first too.

I’m not exactly sure what is in the terminal print out. It looks like it is modbus requests and responses and it looks valid with a quick glance.

As for this second device, I will need to review how it is set up to give you a more complete answer. Can you provide the system ID for me to take a look at the account?

For now there are two things you can look at for feed back from the device your self.

1. At the bottom of the devices status page you can check what type of errors are occurring under Communication statistics.
  2. From Presentation > Browser devices expand the device you are reading data to and click the refresh button on the right. Then once the boxes turn red you can hover you mouse over the box and see the error response back from the device. This should be a standard modbus error response you can google or a time out error. If it is timing out it means it is not seeing any response from the device and you might have a configuration error or a wiring error.

Deryck

Thank you for getting back with me

Second Device Information:

On this device the RS232 led is operating correctly

I do believe the slave RS232 device is reflected correctly in the EWON EC350 device configuration as I sent you yesterday. However I am getting a Time Out response.

Please assist

Communication statistics :