eCatcher 6.5 Overlap

I’ve recently installed eCatcher 6.5.2 as there was an update available and is seeing compound issues.

Upon connecting to an eWON Cozy, there was an error that Talk2m-eCatcher could not be found. I found that under network connection the TAP-Windows Adapter was named “Ethernet X”, I tried renamming to “Talk2m-eCatcher” but is said that it already existed.

I named it --dev-node “Talk2m-eCatcher_X” and modified the Talk2MClient.ovpn file to matche:

–dev-node “Talk2m-eCatcher_X”

The eWON Cozy connects but there is now an IP overlap and no device on the eWON’s lan is accessible. I tried manually adding lan devices without results.

eWON WAN IP 10.213.182.0/24
eWON LAN IP 192.168.1.0/24
PC IP 192.168.3.0/24

Please advise.

K

Hello

Have you tried this method?

Kevin,

I’ve already made a similar changes in my ovpn file, as previously mentioned above.

K

Hello,

Did you rename the tap adapter to Talk2m-eCatcher_X?

If it still doesn’t work, you may need to uninstall eCatcher, and the adapter it created. I would do a fresh install and veryify the tap adapter was created with the correct name

I will attempt to replicate this issue on my end.

Kevin,

That is correct. I renamed the Tap Adapter to Talk2m-eCatcher_X and made the corresponding end on the .ovpn file.

I’ve uninstalled the program and deleted the adapter in device manager multiple time and reinstalling without being successful.

Thanks.

hello,

would you like to do a teamvier session so that I may remotely troubleshoot this issue?

yes, * I currently have 6.4.1 reinstall to get this working again.

1 325 551 237

362mca

Excellent,

I am available till 5pm EST today. You can reach me at our support number: +1 312 829 0601, option 2

Ask for Kevin

Hello Kan,

I escalated the issue and they found that the current version of eCatcher does scan other tap adapters that are enabled and disabled. This is not the functionality that we want, but we are working a fix for this issue on the next version of eCatcher.

Topic closed due to inactivity.