eCatcher do not detect my cosy 131

Hi!

We have a client that bought a Ewon Cosy 131 from us. Client sent back the Cosy because eCatcher do not detect the Cosy. Today, I connected to my computer the Cosy 131 from the client. Power LED is on but is not detected by the eCatcher.

Have anyone have this kind of problems in the past?

Thank you!

Hi Luis,

A couple of things to double check: Make sure that you are using the right eCatcher account. If you add your device to your eCatcher account, but then the customer makes a new account and adds the device, it will no longer be attached to your account. If the eWON is moved, has it’s WAN configuration been updated? This shouldn’t be necessary for cellular in most cases, but if you are using Wifi you will need to add new credentials, and if wired you need to make sure you are getting the right IP address.

If you’ve checked this and still aren’t set up, you can try to factory reset the device. See: Ewon Cosy 131 Factory Reset

Kyle

Hello Kyle,

I’m connected to the Cosy 131 via ethernet cable. I connected my computer to the LAN of the Cosy. There is no LED ON when I connect the cable perhaps.
If I open the ecatcher. status is off-line.

Luis.

I would recommend doing the factory reset. You will also need eBuddy to try to detect device.

Ok. Also, ebuddy do not detect the Cosy. I will try the factory reset.

Thank you!

Hello Kyle,

I try the Factory Reset as you recommend.

This step was not successful during the reset. What can I do?

Thank you

Luis.

Hello Kyle,

I did the reset factory but it failed at the stage: Check if the auto test is successful, the USR LED flashes RED with a pattern of 200ms ON
and 1,5 sec OFF1.

What can I do if that failed?

Thank you,

Luis.

Hi Luis,

Can you try and follow the recovery procedure here and see if you can get your device to respond.

-Tim

Hello Tim,

eBuddy do not see Cosy 131 either. Even if I download the firmware, there is no way to communicate with the Cosy using ecatcher or ebuddy.

Is there any other software that I can use to update the firmware?

Thank you,

Luis.

Hi Luis,

Do you have a 10/100 switch that would let you do the recovery? You should be able to see the device through ebuddy. Can you give me a call at 312 893 5636?

Hello Tim,

I will see with IT if we have a 10/100 switch. I will give you a call later today.

Thank you

Luis

Logo
Logo
Logo

Voice Message

+19522388453-0115-100205-074.mp3 (154 KB)

Hello Tim,

I tested the Cosy 131 with the 10/100 switch. Switch used is a D-link DGS-105.

When switch connected to the Cosy 131 LAN port, no LED light is ON from the switch. Following the switch manual, it means that there is no communication, no data is transmitted or received.

Let me know what else I can test. Otherwise I need to send this Cosy 131 for warranty repair.

Thank you.

Hi Luis,

Can you please provide me with the serial number for the device? You can go ahead and RMA the device at this point.

Thank you,
Kyle

Hello Kyle,

I will inform returns service to start RMA for this product.

Thank you Kyle.