Ecatcher mobile on ios

ecatcher mobile does not work on my iphone nor does it work on several other co-workers iphones. It works perfectly on my ipad though. I am running ios 15.

when i connect to a Flexy in ecatcher mobile, it says it is connected as long as i have the app open. However on my PC in ecatcher, I do not see my iphone as a connected user.

On my phone, when I switch from ecatcher mobile to the app i need to log into the hmi, i get a connection error and when I go back to ecatcher mobile it shows (“You are already connected from another device”). This is not the case as I have a user account setup just for my iphone. This is the same issue that my coworkers have. Everything works perfectly via Android phones or iPads but not iPhones. Can you please help.

Hi Lonny,

Just to make sure I understand the issue correctly. On the iPhone, you can log in to eCatcher mobile and connect to the Ewon, but just the app for the HMI does not work?

Are you using a different iPhone app for the HMI, or are you connecting directly through eCatcher mobile? If there is an app, what is it?

Can you test this on the phone with cellular data turned off? Make sure to restart eCatcher mobile and try to connect again. Does anything change?

You are running iOS 15 on both the phone and tablet?

Can you share a screenshot of the error message?

Thank you,

Kyle

Hi Kyle,

Just to make sure I understand the issue correctly. On the iPhone, you can log in to eCatcher mobile and connect to the Ewon, but just the app for the HMI does not work?
(yes but I don’t see the iphone connection on my PC ecatcher)

Are you using a different iPhone app for the HMI, or are you connecting directly through eCatcher mobile? If there is an app, what is it?
(I am using the Vijeo Design Air app to connect to a Schneider HMI)

Can you test this on the phone with cellular data turned off? Make sure to restart eCatcher mobile and try to connect again. Does anything change?
(turning off Cellular data worked. I am able to properly connect to my sites. What is the fix for this? We are not always in an area that has wifi.)

You are running iOS 15 on both the phone and tablet?

Can you share a screenshot of the error message?

image001.png

I suspect it’s an issue with your cellular provider using IPv6, which isn’t yet supported by eCatcher mobile. Who is your cell company?

You should be able to call them and request a plan with a IPv4 only IP address.

My provider is Rogers. It is the same provider as my iPad.

Regards,

Lonny Demers

Instrumentation and Controls Technician

Clearford Water Systems Inc.

You will have to contact Rogers and request they switch you to a IPv4 only APN for now. I’m checking with the Ewon product manager to see if I can get an update on when eCatcher mobile will support IPv6.

Kyle

If it was the IPV6 issue then why does it work on my iPad using the same provider?

image001.png

I imagine that you were either connected to WiFi at the time or the SIM cards in the tablets are using a different APN.

If you disable WiFi on the tablet, does it still work?

I disabled the wifi on my iPad and it still works fine.

I swapped SIM cards between my iPhone and iPad, iPhone still doesn’t work, iPad works.

I checked the APN settings and it still doesn’t work.

iPhone 12 ios 15.1.1

iPad Air (3rd Generation) ios 14.7.1

image001.png

I checked with the Ewon developers and they are releasing an update for eCatcher mobile for the IPv6 issue in the next few weeks. I think for some reason it is only affecting iOS 15.

Awesome. Any chance you can let me know when it is released?

Most likely between 2 - 4 weeks.