eCatcher no connection stops at opening vpm tunnel

eCatcher stuck at Opening VPN tunnel IT times out and then tries again. Already tried the talk2mclient.ovpm file. Still will not connect. I tried to connect to 2-3 different ewons.

@JHUBLER55

Are you getting an error at all?

Try downloading our new pre-release version of eCatcher 6.3.5 as it resolves a lot of errors related to the talk2mclient.ovpn file.

Download eCatcher 6.3.5 here:
http://cdn.websupport.ewon.biz/software/eCatcher/pre-release/eCatcher.msi

Installed the new software. I am able to connect to some of my eWons but not all of them. Is there any log files that you could look at to let me know why?

@JHUBLER55

Are they all on the same eCatcher account or different eCatcher accounts?
It’s possible that your network may be restricting traffic to specific VPN servers.

UPDATE: Since our last contact. I have updated to the latest eCatcher, We are now using a Pro account from here in the US. I transferred all the ewons from the old pro account to the new pro account. I was able to connect to all online ewons yesterday and PING the PLC on the lan side on the EWON. One engineer here was logged into an EWON. All other attempts to connect to a different ewon failed. Tried 3 computers and 2 different users. Tried to make a user account rather than an admin account, this still did not help. Tried to connect to phone hotspot to check outbound network, still no connection. Always stuck at opening VPN tunnel…

@JHUBLER55

Would it be possible for you to private message me some temporary credentials so that I may test my own connection?

Thanks for the help Jordan is heling me

1 Like

To close the loop on this thread, after working with John it appeared that somethign was restricting traffic within the network. In order to resolve this we shifted the units to an unblocked server within their network.

After testing, all units appeared to be functioning properly.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: eCatcher VPN Tunnel Error