eCatcher: Open VPN tunnel failed on Windows 7

Support,

My eCatcher connection to Talk2M server stops at Opening VPN Tunnel on my Windows 7 Ultimate machine. It works on another PC that has on W10 and mobile eCatcher. Both PC platform are both running on v6.6.4.

I’ve uninstalled eCatcher and deleted the TAP adapter in device manager and reinstalled with no avail.

Please advise.

K

Do you get an error message?

Are you trying to connect from the same network as the W10 PC?

Can you send me the logs from C:\Program Files (x86)\eCatcher-Talk2M\Talk2mVpnService\logs ?

Kyle,

I’m using both PC from the same network.

Please see attached log. Thanks.talk2mVpnService.log (1.5 MB)

K

Kyle,

As in the log, the error message is:

Have you checked in your network adapter configuration that the TAP adapter is named “Talk2m-eCatcher”?

Can you log out of eCatcher, go to Settings, VPN Driver Settings, and select DHCP and try again?

If none of that works, try uninstalling and using this version of eCatcher:

eCatcher_6.3

It may be due to the fact that Windows 7 in no longer being supported by Windows, so you have to use an older version.

Kyle,

Yes the Tap is named "Talk2m-eCatcher, I set the driver to DHCP and while the progress bar incremented just a lit more, it still loops at the opening vpn tunnel with this error:

2020-12-23_122943

I tried installing 6.5.29, 6.4.28 prior to contacting HMS. I will try 6.3 and follow up. Thanks.

K

Kyle,

6.3 is doing the same thing. Please see attached.

Additionally, I forgot to mention that with other accounts such as ones that I’ve set up for customers and my Pro Account for our lab demos (I am a distributor of HMS), I’m able to log in just fine even with 6.6.4. on this machine.

2020-12-23_123853

The only thing I see in the log is “No server certificate verification method has been enabled. See http://openvpn.net/howto.html#mitm for more info”.

talk2mVpnService.log (1.6 MB)

Please advise.

K

Kyle,

FYI, I reinstalled 6.6.4 and deselected DHCP for the driver setting. Additionally I forced TCP and my connection to Talk2M was successful and I’m able to reach my Cosy.

Thanks.

K

Bizarre! Thanks for the update! I suspect there may be some kind of issue with the operating system, so hopefully it doesn’t reoccur.