eCatcher: Open VPN tunnel failed

Hi,

I have eCatcher installed on both my host machine and my virtual machine. I could use eCatcher (v6.2.2) in my host machine to connect eWon routers (eWon Cosy 131) on site, but when trying to connect in my virtual machine I got the error below.

I’ve tried several actions below:

1.  re-install eCatcher several times, both v6.2.2 and v6.3.5

2.  delete TAP-Windows Adapters and re-install them.

3.  reboot the virtual machine and switch the network adapter connecting to the host machine between Bridged and NAT.

4.  Modify the Talk2MClient.ovpn to switch between netsh and DHCP. Also tried the ovpn file from my host machine.

I couldn’t think of anything else I could try, could you please shed some light on this? Thank you.

Attached are the log files (for v6.2.2 and v6.3.5).

@pei.li

Can you try replacing your talk2mclient.ovpn file with the one provided below (if using 6.2.2)?

I’ve tried this ovpn file but still the same error.

Where could I download v6.1.2 build 21979? My colleagues have the that version installed on the same virtual machine and it works.

Thanks.

@pei.li

Unfortunately, we do not have older versions of eCatcher available.
I would suggest using version 6.3.5.

Would it be possible for us to have a team viewer session / phone call? If so, please send over your phone number and I will give you a call.

Joe,

The uninstall is complete.

Update:

We completely removed the tap adapters, and rebooted then uninstalled / reinstalled eCatcher 6.3.5 completely and it appears to be working.

1 Like