ECI driver for VxWorks 6.9: CAN-IB230/PCIe 104

Hi,

We are using the following:

1. PCI/104-Express Type 1 Single Board Computer with 6th Generation Intel® Core™ i3 processor (formerly “Skylake-H”).
  2. CAN-IB230/PCIe 104
  3. ECI Driver for VxWorks 6.9

Have built the VxWorks image for the single board computer using CPU=NEHALEM. But when I try to load the kernel module:

Loading C:/FTPROOT/libeci111DriverVxWorks.so.1.9.2404.0

Error: WTX Loader Error: the DKM and the kernel have incompatible properties (see Target Server log for more info).

Warning: unresolved symbols !
Error: cannot get unresolved symbols due to invalid module id (id=’’)
value = 0 = 0x0

Is this due to the wrong CPU type used when building the VxWorks image?
The supported architectures for the VxWorks 6.9 driver is:
Intel Core Microarchitecture:
Intel Core 2, Intel Celeron (Core), Intel Celeron M (Merom), Intel Pentium Dual-Core (Allendale /Merom), Intel Xeon (Core)

Regards,
Ken

CAN-IB230/PCIe 104 ECI Driver for VxWorks 6.9

Hi Ken,

I opened and “official” ticket for this so that I could get some feedback from our IXXAT unit in Germany. You should get an email through that channel and can reply there as well as this is a public forum. The problem may be due to the wrong CPU type, but I am looking into getting the source so you can compile it for the NEHALEM target. It will likely be next week.

Kyle

Hi,
Does the CAN-IB230/PCIe 104 ECI driver for VxWorks 6.9 support SMP (symmetric multiprocessing) or must we must we run it on one core?

Regards,
Ken

Hi Kyle,

Any word from Germany about the source code so that we can compile it for NEHALEM?

Ken

Hi Ken,

Kyle is not available today but I looked over the escalated case, it looks like we are waiting for info from the product manager for more info. A good portion of their office was on holiday until tomorrow. I expect we will have a response shortly.

Deryck

Hi,

I looked at the target server log to learn more about the error when loading
C:/FTPROOT/libeci111DriverVxWorks.so.1.9.2404.0.
The problem is that the libeci111DriverVxWorks.so.1.9.2404.0 is built for uniprocessor.
Does the CAN-IB230 driver have support for SMP? If so, can we obtain it.

Regards,
Ken

I will take a look at that. In the meantime, for getting the source, we wanted to verify if you are using the 32bit or 64bit VxWorks 6.9?

Hi Kyle,

We are using 32bit VxWorks 6.9, with SMP.

Thanks,

Ken

Hi,

Built a uniprocessor VxWorks image and tried running the ECI demo code.
ECI111_GetInfo returns error 0xE0FE00E => The device or resource could not be found.
Have only the CAN-IB230 card installed on the PCIe/104 connector of the PC104e/104 Single board computer. The SBC PCIe lane configuration is setup for 1x16. The CAN-IB230 card is getting power, red indicator is flashing about every 1s. What could cause the error 0xE0FE00E to occur?

Regards,
Ken

Any idea why the driver does not detect the CAN-IB230?