EDS File not match

Hello to everyone.

My current CANopen network have a Anybus X-Gateway AB7306 (node-ID:#1) and a Festo Stepper Drive (CMMS-ST-C8-7-G2) (node-ID:#10)

In Anybus Configuration Manager - CANopen, when I do a search the Festo Stepper Drive is founded, but the EDS file is not match. In have 100% sure that the EDS file that I am use is correct.

If I force the EDS file (with drag and drop), and configure correctly my network and download this configuration to the manager (Anybus Gateway) and after that I set the network to OPERATIONAL. After this the communication between the Anybus Gateway and the Driver is not the correct.

Examples:

In “Online Object Acess”, when I read the object 0x1F82 (Index: 0xA, because the node-ID of the drive is #10) the value is 0x0.

In “Online Object Access” when Im trying to read or write certains objects of the Festo Driver the program gives me an error of “Object does not exist in the object dictionary. (06020000)”. I need to interacte with this objects to can control the Festo Driver. On example is the object 0x3020".

I think the problem is the incorrect assignment of the EDS file.

How can I correct this bad communication?

Thank you.

Hello @MichelBizarro,

It looks like there could be error in the EDS file causing it to not match the actual devices configuration. This might just be an issue where the firmware of your unit is different then the firmware the EDS was built for. Where you are having issues reading data that the EDS says should be available further confirms this. I recommend checking with the Manufacturer and verifying the eds is the specific one for the version you have.

Deryck