Email to test message

I have set up some Flexy alarms to email my 10 digit phone number with @txt.att.net at the end so that I will get the alarm notification as a text message on my phone. I do NOT receive those texts but I do get them as an email sent to my yahoo email address.

I have also tested sending an email to my 10 digit phone number with @txt.att.net from my yahoo account and that works.

Is there something special I need to do in the Flexy to get this working?

Hi,

The format would be 00, then country code, then number. You will also have to put this in the email section and not the SMS section of the alarm, and between each email or phone number you will need a comma with no spaces.

I just tried 001614XXXXXXX@txt.att.net in addition to my yahoo email. I got the email through yahoo but I did not receive the text. My country code is 1 for the United States, is it not? I also verified on the email I received in yahoo that 001614XXXXXXX@txt.att.net was in the list of copied emails.

Is the smtp server setup in the Flexy?

It is located in setup>system>main>smtp(mails)

You would want the server to be: relay.talk2m.com
and server port: 25

Yes, it is.

There is a space between the comma and 0 that would need to be removed.

I tried that without success. I even tried removing the other email address altogether (see below) and that did not work.

(Moved to Admin Notes)

Hi,

Please try checking the “Format as a short message” and removing the 00.

I did both ‘Format as a short message’ and removed the 00 and still no text message to my mobile phone number. I am getting emails to my home and work email accounts.

I have tested this with a Verizon user utilizing email to text and it works without issues. I believe that AT&T is blocking your texts!

HI,

Sorry for the delay in the response. Belgium has looked into this and they see a 452 error message coming back from ATT which means they are blocking or delaying the mail-to-text message.

Hello Zach,

Can anything be done about this? It’s not a great selling point, if Verizon works and AT&T doesn’t. Is there something that the customer can do to request that these texts go thru?

Kind Regards,

image001.jpg

image002.jpg

image003.jpg

image004.jpg

image005.jpg

image006.jpg

Since the att.txt.net is controlled by ATT you can try calling them and making to for the service not working. For us we have are own relay server that does work with AT&T.
Which would be: 00(country code)(phone number)@sms.talk2m.com

Does it cost money to utilize your relay server for text messaging rather than going thru Verizon or AT&T?

Kind Regards,

With T2M Pro you receive 50 free SMS per month. With the Free account, or more than 50 with Pro, the cost is 0.30 Euros/text.