EN2PB-R Scanner in Idle switching from Program to Run

Hello Rick,

I think that is a specific CIP command and you would need to set up a message instruction for it. This is possible but non-ideal. First, I want to escalate this to our team in Sweden and see if they have any thoughts. I will have my colleague Deryck reach out to you with more information next week. Sorry for the delay thus far.

Best regards,
Nick

Hello Rick,

Just wanted to follow up real quick. I heard from Sweden and they are looking into this issue. I will update you further once they respond again with more info.

Deryck

Thank you. We are standing by for a solution.

Rick

Hello @RickL,

My colleagues are looking for some more status info on the device. Can you describe what the LED’s on the device are doing? What color, are they flashing?

Deryck

Will this work?

See attached.

Best Regards,

Thank you, I have forwarded this on and am waiting to hear back with more details from my colleague.

Deryck

Hello @RickL,

Can you provide details on the Version of studio 5000 you are using?
Can you also upload a copy of the project so we can run some tests?

Deryck

Hello Deryck,

I am going to refer you to the Engineer on site (Copied) to answer your questions. He will be the best person to interface with on this issue as he is the one having to answer why this isn’t resolved yet.

Thank you,

Hi Rick,
Just checking in, I saw someone was added but they never responded with the Studio 5000 info.

Deryck

Hi Deryck,

The plant engineer took a couple of days off. He is back in now.

Thanks for following up.

Best Regards,

Hi, what’s the requested info? Version of Studio 5000? We have 30.00.00

Thanks

Hi Casey,

We were hoping to get a copy of to program to recreate the issue locally.

Deryck

Please copy Casey directly.

Thank you,

Hello,
This issue is going though HMS.how and Casey is receiving emails directly. If you would like to stop receiving update you can log in and changing your watching option.

Let me know if this link works

Link moved to staff notes.

Thanks

Thank you it looks like i was able to download it. I have shared the link with my colleagues performing the testing.

Hello,

We may have identified the issue. We see you are running FW v1.1 of the HMS-EN2PB-R. We have released v1.2.10 which contained a several bug fixes. We suspect updating the module should fix this issue. You can download the Firmware from the files and documentation page for the device. There is a ZIP file with all the files needed. https://www.anybus.com/support/file-doc-downloads/linking-devices-specific/?ordercode=HMS-EN2PB-R

Let me know how the update goes and if this resolved the issue.

Deryck

Hi Deryck,

When I connected to the device with the serial cable it appeared that we were running v1.2.10. It was confusing determining the rev because there are references to different revisions for the different segments of programs running in the same device.

How can you tell we are running v1.1?

Thank you,

Hello Rick,

I am waiting to here back from some other Engineers with more info.

As for the where they pulled the firmware revision i believe from the properties of the module in the project. I suspect this might not accurately show the firmware revision.