EN2SE Configuration between SLC 5/03 and CompactLogix L18

Hi all,

I would like to communicate the SLC 5/03 PLC with a CompactLogix 1769-L18ER using the HMS-EN2SE.
I tried to follow the manuals downloaded from the anybus website but it was unsaccessfully.

This is the communication configuration from the SLC side:

I created a very simple program where one integer value is moved to a specific memory address to be read from the EN2SE, as it is showed in the HMS academic video.

From the compactLogix side I configured the HMS module as it is showed but I got an error:

The EN2SE configuration downloaded in the following:

I also create the command to read the value from the specific memory defined in the SLC cpu:

Where could be the issue? I suppose everything is correctly connected. RS232 serial cable from the SLC to EN2SE and from EN2SE Ethernet port 2 to the network where the CompactLogix is connected.

The status of the led is:

Led 1 and 2, in green blinking at the same time.
Led 5 in solid red.
Led 6 blinkin in green.

I hope you have the enough info to help me.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

It looks like you have the IO size set to automatic in the AB Configuration Manager. This size needs to match the size in Studio 5000 for it to work. Let me know if changing that causes the LEDs to change at all.

Kyle

Thanks Kyle,

In my example what should I define here in the IO size IN?

Thanks

I am sorry for the delay. This depends on the PLC. Did you configure the device with Studio 5000 like this:

Studio 5000 Implementation Example

Kyle I tried to adjust the EN2SE module following the instructions you sent for studio5000 me but the issue is still happening.

To configure the EN2SE subnetworking I follow the next video (it is exactly what I need, to connect a SLC5/03):

the video was sent by HMS support but the module used is not exactly the same.

Maybe that is the issue.

I noticed in this post:

that your plan is to connect the SLC 5/03 with the KepserverEX and this is just a trial for that. Unfortunately, this device will not work for that as it is designed to be configured with Studio 5000 to connect only with the Allen Bradley PLCs over ethernetIP. What you want to use in this case is the AB7072 which can communicate with other devices on the ethernetIP network.

It was the first attempt…but after your mails the idea is to use a compactLogix as we have some spare and the module it was already bought.

Thanks

Hi @arandad,

The instructions for configuring with Studio 5000 are very detailed. Did you get that side working?

If so, please follow the video to set up the subnet (serial DF1) side.

After carefully following those instructions, let me know if you have any errors and what LED lights are doing.

Thank you,

Kyle

Hi Kyle,

Unfortunatelly not. Even if I go online to the SLC using the DF1 driver as I could not configure correctly the module when I do the node monitor I cannot see correctly the info from the serial side.

Even following the detailed instructions or the video…when I downloaded the conf to the module and download the project (no errors) the module is still in the input size error.

The led 1 and 2 are blining in green and the led 5 is in solid red. So I can imagine is because the configuration of the module is not the correct one.

But I cannot see where is the error.

Thanks

Kyle,

How can I go back to default factory settings for the module? Looks like is not accepting the downloaded configuration from the configuration manager.

Thanks

In the Anybus Communicator Configuration Tool go to Tools > Options > Module > Factory Restore.

It looks like you have another ticket open with @deryck_hms so I will check with him about how to proceed, but it appears we will have to do a remote session to help you configure the device. According to the LEDs, it’s not communicating on either side.

Kyle

Yes Kyle,

I did open a ticket in the support assistance and in the forum. So you can merge in one.

I will try to back to factory default settings and repeat the steps.

In case a remote session what is your time zone to know the hours of difference with ours here in Spain.

Many thanks

El El mar, 30 abr 2019 a las 17:10, kyle_HMS support@hms.how escribió:

We are in Eastern Standard United States, but if you are in Spain you should be getting support from your local distributor. Is that where you purchased the device?

We bought the device through a local electrical components distributor who directly bought to Rockwell Spain. The problem is was in contact with them (Rockwell) but he has not never implemented in Spain. It is supposed that their are asking to their colleagues in Europe but no answer yet. That is why I contact directly to HMS.
Do you have any contact here in Europe?

Thanks

Yes, there is a sales office in Spain:

Sales: +34 633 691899
ib-sales@hms-networks.com

Europe Support:
Phone: +46 35 17 29 20
Email: support@hms-networks.com

You can create a ticket with them here: https://www.anybus.com/support/contact-support

They would be more on your time zone and could also help you with this problem. That said, we can continue to support you from the U.S., but would need to get more involved with phone calls, remote session, etc.

Kyle

Topic closed due to inactivity.