Erase "#ircall" Not working after historical logging string enabled

I recently enabled string historical logging on my flexy, and now the erase function is not working. It will delete all other records but not my string logged data.

Is there an alternative command to delete logged strings?

Thanks

1 Like

Hi @rileyfranklin,

Have you taken a look at this post?

-Tim

Tim,

I had not found that post. It looked like things were left uncertain on that post. I assume the function never got added to basic to simulate that button press.

Will this command act as that purge?
Params$ = “/rcgi.bin/EditSystemForm?MainSysPage=FMT&edFormatPassword=adm&cbFormatAllPart=0&cbFormatSys=0&cbFormatUsr=0&cbConfigSys=0&cbProgramSys=0&cbFormatPcm=0&cbEraseIrc=1&cbEraseEvent=0&cbEraseAlm=0&cbClearPendUnact=0”
GETHTTP “adm:adm@192.168.121.91”, “/usr/response.txt”, Params$

And I assume I replace the listed IP with the IP of my Flexy?

1 Like

Let me know if you’re able to test and confirm whether or not this syntax works. If it does work, please explain how you are executing it to get it to work too.

You are just executing from BASIC IDE via GETHTTP “adm:adm@192.168.121.91”, “/usr/response.txt”, Params$, right?

This should be easy to test but I don’t have a test eWON to try it on at the moment but would like to hear back on the result once tested please.

I have not tested yet I am confused as to what the actual code I should be running is.

I am trying to confirm what I should be executing in order to avoid messing somethin up.

I am still a little confused as to what the solution was in the thread that you linked. Is there a way I could get a more thorough explanation?

Hi @rileyfranklin ,

Sorry for the delay, I just barely heard back from my colleague on this. They have not had time to fix this bug yet and it is still something they plan on adding in the future as a default button, but they aren’t able to give me a timeline on when that would be available. It looks like this command that you put in the init section of the basic script should delete all historical data including the strings.

Params$ = “/rcgi.bin/EditSystemForm?MainSysPage=FMT&edFormatPassword=adm&cbFormatAllPart=0&cbFormatSys=0&cbFormatUsr=0&cbConfigSys=0&cbProgramSys=0&cbFormatPcm=0&cbEraseIrc=1&cbEraseEvent=0&cbEraseAlm=0&cbClearPendUnact=0”

GETHTTP “adm:adm@192.168.121.91”, “/usr/response.txt”, Params$

But for the final line its username:password@youripaddress in the quotes.

-Tim

Tim,

Thanks for the update. I will try this today.

It looks like it worked.

Thank you Tim!

1 Like

Glad to hear it worked for you!

Tim,

I am suddenly having some issues connecting to my flexy.

Is there anyway that I could have had a typo that would change my IP or something else that would have this affect?

Thanks,

Riley

are you trying to connect locally or over eCatcher?

Locally. I can see that the USR button is blinking green. Which I believe indicated that the startup was successful.

Can you check if it’s showing up in eBuddy?

It is showing up in ebuddy, but I am unable to “open in browser”. It seems that the IP address and gateway don’t match, but It is not letting me change the IP address.

It is saying that I cannot change the IP through a WAN port while I am connected through a LAN port.

Can I try and take a look at this with you over TeamViewer?

TeamViewer download

-Tim

Sure, how do you want me setup when you look at it?

On ebuddy with the ethernet connection?

That works for me, if you’re able to be local to the device and have an Ethernet connection to it

I am available to try it as soon as you are ready.