Error Response From Talk2M Server During Config Read

Hello,

I’ve got a unit in the field that normally works perfectly until the customer’s network changes the IP address of their proxy server, at which point they know to ping the domain name of the server and copy that IP into the web interface to get it back online. This time around they had a bit of trouble; I do not know what all went down, but this is the step they are currently stuck on:

There previously wasn’t any issue with the config, but maybe they accidentally messed something up. Any idea what I should have them look at?

Thanks,

Matt

Can you attach a backup with support file? This could be done using eBuddy while connected to the unit.

I would check the firewall, as the it looks like it’s having issues with geting access to our servers.

See the document below:

MOVED TO STAFF NOTE (173.5 KB)

Attached is the backup sent by our customer. He also included the message:

Our IT department believes we might need to white list the wildcard domain “.talk2M.com”. We aren’t sure if it needs to be done on our server or the talk2m server.

I’m assuming that part they aren’t sure about just implies they think the eWon is functioning as a server and weren’t sure if the eWon or their server needed the wildcard.

They will need to whitelist *.talk2m.com on their firewall to allow the vpn tunnel to connect.

I will review the backup

The only issue i within the event logs is that its not able to connect to our access servers.

Did they whitelist *.talk2m.com ? If so, were you able to connect to the VPN?

This finally ended up getting resolved:

After site IT configured everything on their end, the unit could see the internet, but could not reach Talk2M servers. Operating solely off of phone pictures of a laptop screen, it was assumed there was still a firewall issue.

A few months later this customer needed support and provided a Teamviewer connection to a laptop as an alternative to the downed unit. While I was in the system, I took a look at the eWON and noticed some encryption errors in the logs. After searching them on here, the one result I found, which was a fairly different context, had updating the firmware as the solution. As I had nothing to lose from doing so, I installed eBuddy on the remote laptop, updated the firmware, and all of the issues went away.