Error: When using -ip-win32.netsh, if you have more than one TAP windows adapter you need to

I have a user who can no longer establish a connection to any of the ewons. After loggin into ecatcher he gets the error message

“VPN Tunnel error: Error: When using --ip-win32
netsh, if you have more than one TAP-Win32 adapter,you must also
–dev-node”

We have uninstalled ecatcher, Used the renametap.vbs script. and everything else we have found in the knowledge base. We do get different errors after some of the Batch files or VBS scripts run but we have not solved the issue yet. Can you help?

@abrannon

If you navigate to the networking and sharing center, and then take a look at the adapters. Do you see a TAP-WIN32 adapter named Talk2m-eCatcher?

You can rename this TAP Windows Adapter manually if needed by right clicking on the adapter and then clicking rename.

I followed the instructions here:
http://onlinehelp.ewon.biz/ecatcher/6.0/pro/es/index.html?error.htm
but still getting errors… See below…

@abrannon

Have you tried renaming the TAP adapter manually in the networking and sharing center by right clicking on the adapter and then clicking rename?

We tried that and it still did not work.

But we did fix it. We ran the Batch file to remove all Tap interfaces and then ran the batch file to add the Tap adapter back. And then we manually renamed it. It works now.

Thanks for the help.

2 Likes

Same problem, conflict with OpenVPN, I wonder if the new version has been fixed .