Error while connecting use to device

When trying to connect through eCatcher a message appears: “Error while connecting user [xxxxx] do device [yyyyyy]”. This was working fine, then it just stopped and now I can’t connect to my devices. I did open a log and saw the below error

"2020-06-15 13:02:47,040 ERROR - java.lang.Exception: XML-RPC method Security.getDefaultStrongPasswordPolicy is called in the AWTEventThread!"

Maybe this can assist with the diagnosis of the issue. I have also attached the Log systemLogs-20200615T130452.zip (203.4 KB) zip file.

Hello,

There has been an VPN error, that we will need to reconnect.

Can you provide the eCatcher account name of the affected unit?

Kevin thank you for responding

The firmware was at 12 so I updated to 13 and now I cannot access it at all. I’m worried it may be bricked.

Hello,

Are you locally connected to the unit? If so, does it show up on eBuddy? If not, I woudl try to power cycle the unit and wait a few minutes. If the unit shows up, but it is not connect. Try running the Wizards again to ensure that it does connect.

If you are able to get back in to the unit after the power cycle, try updating to 14.x -> 14.2. This the latest firmware.

It is NOT showing up in eBuddy

I am connected locally. I have powered down multiple times. But still no -sho in ebuddy. My LAN connection is set to 10.0.0.10, with the thought being the default IP of the ewon is 10.0.0.53
Please let me know your thoughts on how to proceed.

Hello,

My apologies on the confusion.

The firmware update would not set the IP back to default state.

I would try a Level 2 Rest, it will bring it back to factory settings.

This second level reset formats all non volatile memories and erases the Flexy 205 back to its
factory defaults. This operation consists in 3 steps:
• Erasement of all non volatile memories, including all COM parameters and IP addresses
• Full hardware auto test with result shown by the USR LED
• Return to factory configuration (default one)
How to generate a second level reset:

1. Power the unit OFF and ON again
  2. Immediately press and maintain the reset button. The LED labeled BI1 turns ON
  3. Wait approximately 35 seconds until the USR LED remains red steady
  4. When this state is reached, release the button. The LED labeled BI1 turns OFF
  5. It takes no longer than 5 seconds to complete.

if the Reset does not restore functionality. We can then begin the RMA process.

Looks like I might need to RMA. Please tell me how to proceed

You will need to reach out to the distributor to get the unit replaced.

What is the serial number?

Serial # 1551024322