ESI generator alarm "Cannot connect to slave"

I am looking to build a ESI file using the HMS ESI generator and are receiving alarms “Cannot connect to Slave” The connection (Ethernet) was tested by communicating to the Firmware Manager II software and was successful (the module was found). Any Ideas on how the ESI Generator loads its drive to communicate via the standard DLL?ESIError This picture is the log file associated with the HMS ESI Generator alarm

Please make sure that the EtherCAT slave is the only device connected to the PC using ethernet and the slave address is 0.

I tried setting a static IP address, but I still get the same error message. My slave address is 0. I have an ethernet cable running directly from my PC to the Anybus module with no other connections.

Hi Rob,

Can you download the Firmware Manager II

Release information FWM II v1.10.1.1.pdf (274.1 KB)
Firmware Manager II Setup 1.10.1.1.exe (2.2 MB)

By default, the ESI generator will by default be a generator for Ethernet IP. In order to change this you’ll need .hiff files that require a license

Now go to File Firmware repository and select the .hiff file that you just downloaded and hit update to push it to the file

After this you need to go onto the Firmware Manager II and go to File > Manual Update Wizard > Ethernet CompactCom 40 > Transport Provider > Create > HMS Developement Board 2 > Give the connection a name.

Once this is done it should load the new firmware onto the dev board. Then you should be able to go into the ethercat ESI generator and create your ESI file. It shouldn’t really matter what you put in for the vendor name/ group type / group name / slave.

Topic closed due to inactivity.