eSync string tag issues

I thought we were having a similar problem as the String Data Label In DataMailbox post mentions but I’ve since confirmed that’s not the case.

However, the URL API call does not bring back any data from the historical log for “string” data type tags even though data is in there. The columns definitions with no data is what we get.

I’ve tried getting it via the /ParamForm?AST_Param=$dtHL$ftT$stL$et_m0$ut$tnLOT_CODE and ParamForm?AST_Param=$dtHL$ftT$st_h24$tnLOT_CODE but it brings back only the header/column definition values and no data values for the fields.

I’ve already done LOGIO to get new data in the tag, and it is there is I download via the eWON web UI file transfers. The same API URL call syntax works on this same eWON for every other tag that’s int, bool, float, but this one and only “string” data type tag doesn’t bring back data but column names only.

Furthermore, we have an internally hosted eSync server that does not get the string tag historical value sent to its MySQL tables, and assume that’s because that version of eSync server we use [internal hosting] does not allow “string” data types in the historical tag table. I’m using the URL call to get the value before moving to the final reporting database.

Questions

1. Do the tag names for “string” data types need to follow some standard case sensitivity wise for it to work, and why does using a tag name with “proper case” cause the problem as mentioned in that other post.

2. Is there an eSync server version and correlated documentation for reading regarding us hosting an eSync server than can also take the “string” data types from tags?

• We have most all our eWONs send to our eSycn hosted server MySQL DB that I setup back in the day when Jordan was around, and then we grab the data from there and put it into other reporting DBs and such, and wipe all historical data from the eSync tables that are “x” days old.
  3. What other solution equivalent solution(s) might HMS suggest we use which we should consider using to replace eSync if it’s getting fully deprecated?

• Since we use it as a middle man server we only need it to have the most recent 30-90 days of data retained and all older records can be purged.Retaining less is possible as well for us, but nice to have some cushion if space is available.

7 posts were merged into an existing topic: String tag data not returned in URL call nor to an internally hosted eSync server