Ethercat slave initialization failure

Hello,

I 'm trying to set up the Ethercat connection on a AB7300 gateway. initially I used the ESI file provided on the product site, but it didn’t work. After searching online we found a fix for that filed that allowed ud to configure the network (weare using Sysmac studio and an NJ PLC). Still, after setting it up we are having problems shown on Sysmac: slave initialization error and slave aplication error.

Can you provide help to fix this issue?

Hello @RodrigoIG,

I believe I spent time with your earlier today working on this issue. To also answer you here after trouble shooting over Teamviewer it looks like the slave device was responding back to every message with a response that where the the size what of an unknown size.This seems to cause the configuration manager to time out for all requests.

Deryck

Hi @deryck_hms,

I called in the morning but I talked with someone else. He told me that the issue requires more research so it was better to post here.

Ah I think I talked with your colleague Javier who was working on the CANopen side of the same gateway.

Regarding the ESI and this issue on the Ethercat side, what errors are you seeing with the PLC/Master?

Hi,

I’m trying to set up the ethercat side of my gateway on Sysmac studio. I’ve tried using the ESI file provided on the products site but it didn’t work. After searching for a while I found another ESI that had a fix and this one did let me do the configuration. Still after doing so I’m getting ethercat errors: slave initialization and salve aplication error.

Can you please provide help with this?

We have had issues with the ESI resolved by using our ESI generator. It is designed for our embedded compactcoms but also works with this device. You can try running it and creating a esi file for the ab7300. Here is a link to downlaod it .
https://cdn.hms-networks.com/docs/librariesprovider7/default-document-library/firmware-software/hms-esi-abccb40-ectcc49f40422ce670692f4ff00001bbfd4.zip?sfvrsn=455add6_28

I think what you sent me are ESi files for a compactCom. Actually we already tried creating an ESI file with the tool but we get this error:

This is the configuration we tried for the generation of the ESI:

Perhaps we did something wrong?

Sorry about that it looks like i copied the wrong link.

The error indicates the software is not finding the etherCAT device. Make sure you are connected directly to the device.

There is also the chance the tool does not work with this gateway. While I believe I have used it before I am working remotely, due to current world events and am unable to test this myself.

Deryck

Hello again,

I downloaded the ESI file again just in case and it seems the one I was using wasn´t the right one. Now I have a different problem, when importing the file Sysmac gives me an error:
So I tried going to that line and changing the value of virtual to 0 and got another error:

Hello,

This is a bit difficult if the software does not support the ESI file. I typically suggest using the ESI generator for issues like this.

I should be visiting the my office later this week. I will see if we have one of these I can test with and see if i can generate an ESI file.

Deryck

Hello,
Can you provide me with the configuration you are using in Anybus configuration manager?

Deryck

Hello,

After reinstalling the ESI generator we were able to generate the ESI file and load it without problems.

Thank you for all your help.

Hi,

Great! Glad to hear it is working.

Deryck