Ethernet/Ip Class 1 Connection Run/Idle Bit

Hi

I’m developing firmware using AnybusCC Ethernet/IP Module for connection to Rockwell 530 Controller using Studio5000. All is going well except that Class 1 O->T messages have the Run/Idle bit clear when I inspect them using Wireshark. I can see correct data on the ReadProcessData channel (from Spi MISO) however the module state is still in Idle, it needs to be in Process_Active (which I assume it will if the Run bit gets set). The Class 1 connection is successfully setup using an Exclusive Owner connection with Cons and Prod assembles and no Config assembly. In EDS, O->T configured as 32-bit run/idle header, T->O as modeless pure data.

Anyone got any experience of this?
Many Thanks

Can you share the wireshark information that you mentioned. Also just to verify, do you mean originator to targer with O -> T

Hi Tim

Yes, O->T is originator to target, usual CIP terminology.
Here’s the wireshark info for the O-.T Class 1 message.

wireshark
Best Regards

Do you know if you’re getting a red flashing LED indicating a timeout error?

If not we’re thinking there may be something in the payload that is changing the S0 bit and moving the device from process active to idle

There shouldn’t be anything that will be setting it to idle on our end after the class 1 session is established

Hi Tim
Thanks for the reply.
I suspect that answer is that the PLC is not in Run Mode, just program Mode.
I’ll confirm when I get that working.
Best Regards

Hi Tim
As I supected, noob error, all good with PLC in run mode.
Thanks for the help
Best Regards
Yan

Hi Yan,

Glad to see we got it working!

Topic closed due to inactivity.