Eum CARD FULL NOT PRESENT

Hi Guys,

I have multiple ewon Flexy’s in the field and all fitted with a SD card from Ewon to store locally historical data every day…

From time to time, the Ewon seems to have an “off-day” and doesn’t recognize the SD-card anymore…
Both values drop to “0”
SDExtTotal:915080
SDExtFree:827328
When I just reboot the Ewon remotely, after rebooting the SD card is recognized again and work perfectly again…

Any thoughts what could be the issue?

BR
Peter
MOVED TO STAFF NOTE (237 KB)

Hello @Teunen_Peter,

I don’t see any errors related to the SD card in the logs, I only see one log for today showing the card being inserted shortly after boot.

I do see a significant number of logs indicating issue with the network interfaces seeing noise. These error messages are filling up the log file so it could be hiding error messages related to the SD card. These errors them selves indicate there is a lot of noise on the ethernet network causing issues with the switch. Cleaning this up might help sort out whats going on with the SD card. There is also a possibility that the noise/EMI is also be causing issues that are effecting the SD card.

What type of environment is the device in? are there any Power wires around the Ethernet cables? Are you using shielded ethernet cables?

Deryck

Hi @deryck_hms,

the error itself is only at midnight when the system writes the historical data to the SD card.

The environment itself is an electrical cabinet, no freq. drives in it, the cables are shielded but run part-wise with the “lower” power cables (heating and such)…

I will try to have the cables being re-routed out of the enclosure to see if it resolves the issues!

br
Peter

Hi @Teunen_Peter ,

Fixing the ethernet Noise issue should at least help clean up the logs so we can see any error messages regarding the SD card. If the issue with the SD card persists please provide another backup for me to review.

Regards,
Deryck