Ewon 1400 Allen bradley DF1

Hi Deryck

I have a micro logix 1400 Allen bradley PLC. The PLC IP adress is 192.168.10.1 and then the ip adress for the ewon is 192.168.10.4. In the I/O server where i set up my communication for the PLC(this is on the ewon) i set up the IP adress as follow 192.168.10.1 and it was done with the DF1 server and i put this in topic A and i also enabled it

But still i have a no communication to my tag that i want to read the value of . I do it through a VPN and when i open ecatcher i see that the ewon is online, i then connect to it to be able to open the ewon in my browser . Am i putting the IP adress wrong in the i/o server settings ?

Please can you help

thanks

Hello @Neels,

I moved this post to its own topic, it sounds like you are using an Ewon Flexy with DF1 rather than a ewon Netbiter as the original topic you posted in.

I am not sure exactly what you would be doing wrong, it sounds like you are setting it up correctly. Are you sure your PLC is configured to allow external access?

Can you review this document to make sure you are not missing any settings.
https://hmsnetworks.blob.core.windows.net/www/docs/librariesprovider10/downloads-monitored/manuals/application-user-guide/aug-0079-00-en-poll-data-from-allen-bradley-plc-using-ethernet-protocol.pdf?sfvrsn=33d057d7_10

I also recommend checking out RG-0007-01 - IO Servers.

Deryck

Hi Deryck

Sorry for my Late reply . I will test this and let you know . Than you very much for your response

Neels

Hi Deryck

Hope you are well. Once again i get time to test this. The customer reset the ewon so i had to set it up again all from the start. So we use the Allen bradley micro logix 1400 and the Ethernet port is onboard of the PLC . I have set the communication on the ewon in the i/o server setting to DF1 because we use RS logix 500 software and not the new rs logix 5000. And i have put the ip adress in. It is in Topic A and i did enable it. I still dont get communication to my tag . Do i have to set it up in my Rs linx as well ? I only have the ethernet option avalable at this point.

see below a screen shot. If i had to add it to my Allen Bradley RS linx which driver shall i select to add the Ewon ?

Look forward to your comments . I did follow the files you sent me in the previous message

Hi @Neels,

Since you are connecting thought he ewon to reach the PLC in RS linx you would use the ethernet driver.

Deryck