Ewon 205 fallback

Hello how do I set up fall back feature on my 205. I want to primarily use wan but cellular modem for redundancy. Thanks!

@augie

The following PDF will demonstrate exactly how to do that.

Hi, I am trying to setup Ethernet wan fallback to 4G remotely.
Tried with the wizard but it hangs so i used the tabular editor.
I selected always on 4g connection but it seems that no ip is obtained (status->systeminfo->status).
One question. Is always on connection supported for the fallback interface?
How can I check remotely (i.e. without loosing my primary connection) if my 4G is correctly configured?
Thank you.

Hello @lampra1,

You will need to run the wizard to setup the 4g connection. The wizard will initialize some settings. I would recommend setting up a fall back connection locally. In the new UI 13.0+ once you run the initial wizard it will ask you to setup the fallback device.

Deryck

Hello @deryck_hms

I couldn’t find an answer in the forum but the question already came up here from @lampra1 but it wasn’t answered yet:

“Is always on connection supported for the fallback interface?”

My eWON Flexy 205 seems to have a cycle of 20min online / 55min offline when fallback via GSM is activated. So this question came up.

Thanks in advance.

You should have all the same connection options when configuring the backup connections. Try setting the connection idle timeout and the max call duration to 0. This will stop the modem from restarting its connection periodically.

Do you see any errors in your event logs this might indicate why it is offline.
Deryck

Thank you for your reply.

I was able to fix these issues by changing the values of the following variables:
-WANFbckMaxDuration (used to be 20)
-WANFbckMinInterval (used to be 75)