eWon CD memory

Is there a way to see what is using memory in the eWon? It appears I have a memory leak in an eWon CD2005 where over a several week period a memory warning appears. Reboot all is good for a few weeks then the warning appears again. I would like to track this down. Any suggestions?

Could you send us a backup.tar file of the device from eBuddy with the support files included? Are you logging tags pretty frequently?

Hello Tim,
Have you received the email sent on 10/6 with eWon.tar file?

Hi George,

Unfortunately I never received anything. Could you try putting it in a zip file and sending it again?

-Tim

Here is the requested back upMOVED TO STAFF NOTE (324.5 KB)

I think that the issue is likely the code you have in the cyclic section. Can you try changing to to use a timer with something like this instead? With code in the cyclic section, it gets run every processor cycle and I’ve seen that casue a lot of issues in the past.

TSET 1,1 //creates timer 1 and timer 1 gets called every 1 second
ONTIMER 1, “Goto Flare”

Thanks Tim,

I thought I had cleaned up the cyclic section.

image005.jpg

image006.jpg

You’re welcome, let me know if that seems to fix the issue

Well I must have sent the support file for the wrong eWon. Here is screen capture of the Cyclic section. I will resend

image005.jpg

image006.jpg

Hi George, the two lines with REM in front of them shouldn’t matter because they’re commented out, but you have the GOTO Flare section being called every processor cycle and that may be causing these issues

I was wondering about that also.

Understanding the cyclic section is time sensitive and waits for nothing to complete I have set up another script that will be called at intervals. Scripts will be called from the interval script using gosub. For each script executed from the interval script a return will be placed at the end of the script. For the future only short snippets of code will be executed from the cyclic code section.

Ok thanks, in general we typically recommend against people coding in the cyclic section because it can put a heavy load on the device depending on what the code is doing, but I think moving the section we mentioned should fix your issue

I will implement the changes mentioned during the next week. You support and help is appreciated

Sincerely,

George Morgan

Thanks George,

I’m just going to reply back to this for now to move it out of my active queue, but when you make the changes next week feel free to send me another message if there’s still issues.

Best Regards,
-Tim