eWon CD no user light after reboot

After rebooting an eWon the user light does not return. At power up power light, LAN lights turn on then off, DO turns on then nothing else. Will not communicate. Any suggestions?

Are you able to see the device in Ebuddy?

I did not try that, only tried ping which failed. I will let you know the eBuddy results

Let me know if you are able to see the unit in eBuddy

Unit is not visible in eBuddy

Hello,

It could be that the unit is bad.

What is the serial number of the unit?

Looks like it was a long boot cycle, now the eWon has a user light. The unit was wiped clean it was back to the uncofigured base config with ip address 10.0.0.53.

I have since connected with eBuddy to restore the configuration but on transfer it locks up while loading the eWon.tar file. When the transfer is canceled the usr light goes out, no more comms. To get the eWon back a power cycle is required. Once it returns to service the event log has the message “20314 Reboot reason: Watchdog in process (ftps) wd”. I have attached the tar file I am trying to restore with.MOVED TO STAFF NOTE (300.5 KB)

serial# 1035-0022-56

Hello George,

From what i can see there is an issue with transfering the configuration from eBuddy to the EwonCD unit. Are you using the correct access credentials? Are you able to FTP into the ewon Manually?

FTP can be accessed using FTP Client. When restoring the eWon using the “TAR” file eBuddy is employed. eBuddy initiates the transfer and at 17KB it stops, eventually the eWon reboots and eBuddy left hanging with an incomplete transfer.

Is there a way to manually update the eWon with “TAR” file?

You can extract the backup, and load the config.txt, comfig.txt.

However if there are errors, you may just need to configure the unit from scratch.

How do I extract the backup from the TAR file?

I generally use Winrar to extract the files.

Winrar will extract TAR file?

I just saw it in a winRAR listing, thanks for the tip, this should help

If there is an interest this eWon is used as a technology demonstrator. The demonstration is at Connectivity

Thanks for the letting me know these files can be manually extracted from the TAR file.I used 7zip to extract the documents and manually restored to eWon. 99% of it’s former glory. Your assistance is much appreciated.

I am glad this issue is resolved!