Ewon connection working very slow in india

Hi I am trying to access on of our machine with ewon in Vietnam, since the beginning its very slow and it takes more than 10 mins just to go online with PLC, is there any way that we can resolve this ?

Hello Girish,
Thank you very much for support request, This type of issue mainly happens due to bad network quality. I think you should check the network first.
Can you let me know how you give the internet to Ewon?
Can you ping the LAN device and check ping timestamp?
Which device is connected at LAN port of the Ewon?

Best Regards,
Sagar

1 Like

Hello Sagar,

Thank you for the reply,
Internet is provided to ewon through customers LAN cable to ewon’s internet port.
I can ping the LAN devices connected and attached the timestamp results.
We have connected one ethernet switch to LAN port of ewon, and that ethernet switch is connected to PLC, HMI & drives etc.,

I have same experience even for the ewon devices located in India as well, I am guessing if the server accessed by ewons are connected to US are taking more time.

Please suggest.

PingLog.txt (2.6 KB)

Missed the ping timestamp results in earlier reply

Hello Girish,
Can you send Backup of the Ewon with attach Event log file? Just Click on Include support file.
Best Regards!
Sagar

1 Like

Hello Sagar,

I have send the ewon backup in messages, please check

Hello Girish,

Below observation found from your backup and ping timestamp:

Your device is accessing the US sever this will affect location to location latency in connection.

I can see the ping timestamp average is from 450 to 550ms. if you get around 120mSec, then it will be good connection and more than 200mSec might be slower. Please improve the ping time by checking your internet connection. I guess this will resolve your issue.

Which PLC that you using on your application? What is the total size of the backup?

Thanks,

Sagar

Hi Sagar,

Thanks for your information, I am using Allen Bradley studio 5000 with 1769-L33ERM PLC. Backup size is 3.2MB

My internet speed is more than 25Mbps and I have check that internet given to ewon unit also has internet speed of around 50Mbps.

Is there any possible way to make the ewon to access the nearest servers and can reduce latency ?

Hello Girish,
Possible Resolution 1: For Rockwell PLC’s we recommend to force TCP instead of UDP.
there are two steps to configuring the forced use of TCP:

• In the Talk2M Wizard in the advanced Settings of the Ewon Cosy
  • And in the eCatcher Settings (before logging into your Account)

Possible Resolution 2: Talk2M VPN Server shift
Please see the below link to find how to shift the server to nearest one.
https://hmsnetworks.blob.core.windows.net/www/docs/librariesprovider10/downloads-monitored/manuals/knowledge-base/kb-0204-00-en-talk2m-vpn-server-shift.pdf?sfvrsn=da6656d7_5#:~:text=To%20allow%20switching%20from%20VPN,applied%20during%20Talk2M%20wizard%20execution.

Below are the Ewon sever list that you need help to access at nearest one.
https://www.ewon.biz/technical-support/pages/talk2m/talk2m-status/talk2m-vpn-servers
Please discuss with your IT team for hostname to whitelist is as follows: *.talk2m.com , on port TCP 443 .

Best Regards,
Sagar

Hello Sagar,

I tried to move the ewon to access India server, and also tried forcing UDP instead of TCP.
Still I couldn’t get the ping time stamp less than 450ms.

Hello Girish,
I think then there is no other possible resolution apart from this, We will discussing with development team. sometime the PLC program size may also matter. I will give more info on this in couple of days. Please bear with us! Thanks in advance.
Best Regards,
Sagar