Ewon Cosy 131 4G EU for use in Asia

Hello, I am a first time user of Ewon and I engaged a supplier in Malaysia that I would like to connect to my PLC remotely via a SIM card connection because it has no wired internet connection. The supplier recommended me the Ewon Cosy 131 4G and I bought it. When it came I noticed it says Ewon Cosy 131 4G EU and I went on to the Ewon website and noticed there is an Ewon Cosy 131 4G APAC version. The supplier told me that it would still work in Malaysia but when I tested it during the Internet testing stage in the browser of the modem, it keeps on giving me errors that it cannot detect. I was able to setup if it is wired into wan with a cable internet line but if I try doing the configuration with a sim card, it always give me an error. I just want to know that will the 4G EU version work in Asia?

We cannot garuntee that it will work. It will be dependent on what SIM card, and if there is an available network for it to connect to. We do not have any supporting documentation that shows how to get it to work. You can continue testing, but as of now, we do not have a definitive yes or no.

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for your reply. I was able to get it working with another SIM card, so it seems that it does work for the EU version. The one that did not work was an older 3G sim card. I am not sure why it was not compatible because it was working on another 3G Siemens modem I have. Anyway, the newer SIM card is working fine with this EWON Cosy 131 4G EU version. Thanks.

Excellent. I will mark this issue solved