Ewon cosy 131 and AB panelview sending emails

Hi All
I have a cosy 131 4G modem installed in a cabinet in Australia. It is talking to a PLC and AB panelview 1200. I have setup a script on the panelview to send emails, using a gmail account, the script works perfectly on my local machine, but when i use it on the remote panelview connected to the cosy 131, its unable to send.
I have set up the cosy with this post in mind,

I have also set up the DNS of my panelview as 8.8.8.8 however with no luck,
What other settings could need looking at further?
Cheers

Does the panelview otherwise have internet access? Make sure the default gateway is the Ewon’s LAN address.

Hi Kyle, Sure does, from command prompt I can ping google.com and get a response no problem,
Default gateway is the Ewons LAN address of 192.168.1.1

If that’s the case, you probably need to check the SMTP settings in the Panelview, or try a different mail server. I am not familiar with how to set this up, so I would recommend you refer to Allen Bradley documentation or support.

My settings are as follows.
What is strange is that it works on a local network, say the panelview connected to my home network which has WAN Access, however when placed behind the cosy it encounters these errors.
Email Server- smtp.google.com ( i have also tried SMPT)
server port- 465
user id- mytestemail
user pass- testemailpass
subject- test
to- mypersonalemail@hotmail.com.au
from address- mytestemail@gmail.com

However I run into two errors when I try to send a test email.
Either ‘Connection to the server is closed while receiving data. Error Code 21’
Or
‘Failed to get host name by address. Error Code 6’

OK. That is strange.

Who is the cellular provider? Do you have a cellular modem you can test this with?

Can you provide a backup of the Cosy (created with eBuddy and including Support Files)?

What is the model of the panelview?

Cellular provider is Telstra, we have 4G reception there no problem.
I will attach a backup tommorow morning of the modem.

Its a AB 2711P-T12W21D8S

So if this works, with identical SMTP settings, using your local network for the internet connection, and it doesn’t work through the Cosy using the cellular connection, I would recommend testing it through the Cosy using the local network for the internet connection, because there is no reason for the the Cosy to be allowing internet, but blocking SMTP. This would allow us to determine if it’s likely the Cosy or not.

I am unable to route the cosy through my local network as the cosy is already installed in a remote part of Australia. Attached is the backup files.

First, I would recommend using eBuddy to update the firmware to 14.0s02 and then 14.2.

Then, Go into the comcfg.txt settings:

Setup > System > Storage > Edit COM cfg

and change FwrdToWAN = 1

See if that makes a difference.

changed that setting, rebooted physically and via the portal, still no luck unfortunately

You should probably open a case at https://mysupport.hms.se

The support team that handles your area will be able to take a closer look at, via Teamviewer.