Ewon Cosy 131 and Verizon

Hello- I recently purchased a Ewon Cosy 131 4G NA. I would like to activate this with a Verizon SIM. I am being told from my distributor that it will only work with AT&T. I do not see anything in the Cosy spec that says it only works with AT&T. The Cosy webserver even lets me select Verizon. Please help!

Hi @dginbuffalo,

The Cosy 131 NA does not support Verizon since verison does not use GSM. ATT or Tmobile would work with that cosy since they use GSM for communication.

If you have to use verizon then you would have to upgrade to a Flexy since the only cosy modem model we make is only compatible with networks that use GSM communication.

Tim,

I do not see this information anywhere on the website and even the Cosy webserver shows Verizon in the drop down menu to configure. I am hoping HMS will let me return this product for credit towards a Flexy 205.

I’m not sure if it directly says it anywhere but the distributor who sold you the device should have let you know that. You’ll have to reach out to them though and see if they’ll allow you to exchange the device

-Tim

I also fell for this trick and was stuck with 2 cosy’s. Made me really angry.

1 Like

Hello @parklot91,

We are not trying to trick anyone where are you seeing or being told the Cosy’s support Verizon?

Deryck

@deryck_hms ,

I am having the same issue. You ask where we see that it supports Verizon. I would pose the opposite question to you. Where does it say that the Cosy 4g does not support Verizon? It is an option for configuration and the bands listed for 4g include bands that Verizon utilizes.

Chris

Looks like we are in the same boat. No mention when we were sold this device that it would be obsolete in 6 months. Verizon and ATT are shutting down their 3G.

Verizon is a tricky carrier to deal with. My understanding is the issue lies with the modem used and requirements from Verizon them selves. The NA antenna also only supports 1700MHz and is missing support for 700MHz. Even with some band support I believe they also require devices to pass their
own testing and certification to work on their network.

You may want to follow up with your distributor regarding this. I am a bit surprised a 3g device was sold recently.

So does the Flexy 205 work with Verizon?

The Flexy 205 supports verizon thought the Verizon 4g extension card.
Flexy Extension Card - 4G Verizon Modem (ewon.biz)
ORDER CODE: FLB3203_00

I am looking at the photos on the data sheet for there Flexy 205 as well as the Flexy Extension Card - 4G Verizon. Am I correct in that the extension card plugs into the Flex 205, replacing the top left section that already has an antenna on it, or is something else required to connect he extension card to the Flexy 205?

Thanks

A flexy 205 comes with no extension cards. most marketing material shows it with two cards in the slots. In the photo below it has a modem or wifi card in the left slot and a serial card on the right.

Thanks, that makes sense. The marketing data sheet does not clarify that.

Thanks for the feedback, that can be a little confusing.