eWON Cosy 131 - Cannot connect to LAN devices

Hi,

I have setup the Cosy 131 at a remote site and set the LAN IP to the same range as the devices I want to access (Cosy: 192.168.1.160, PLC: 192.168.1.240, HMI: 192.168.1.241). I can’t however ping the devices from my remote computer which is also on the same range (192.168.1.65).

What would cause this issue?

Kind Regards,
Mark

Hi,

I have a Cozy 131 Wifi eWON and have the LAN IP set at 192.168.1.160 and the devices on the eWON LAN are set to 192.168.1.240 and 192.168.1.241. My PC is set to 192.168.1.65 but I cannot ping any devices when connected to the eWON through eCatcher. I have defined the devices and it says they can be accessed by logged in users but I cannot see them. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I’m at my witts end. We used one of the wired ethernet units with a wired WAN connection and had no problems.

Kind Regards,
Mark

Hi Mark,

Try closing out of eCatcher and changing your computer IP to be out of the cosy’s subnet. After doing this you should be able to each those devices.

I tried to change to DHCP on my computer but it didn’t help. I have changed the computer IP to 192.168.2.65 and I still cannot connect to the devices.

Hi Mark,

If you run the command ipcomfig in the command prompt is it showing any of your connections as being in the same range? Also when you are pinging the devices what message is showing up?

Please see the screenshots below…

Moved to Staff Notes

Hi mark,

Can you look at the ewon’s configuration page when you are connected and check the hardware side to see if the device is set to 192.168.1.160? Also check the properties tab in eCatcher for the device to make sure that the LAN IP matches what is set on the hardware. While in properties also check the Lan & Firewall setting to see if the firewall is set to standard and if not that the devices you are trying to connect to are listed. If all of this is set correctly can you ping the cosy’s LAN ip address.

A post was split to a new topic: Reset a Cosy