Ewon COSY 131 does not establish VPN connection

HI all,
I got a problem with my cosy131.
I’ve done the wizard setup completely, but as soon i paste my activation code for the VPN with Talk2M platform it remains stucked to the first step " WAN connection" even if the Internet connection has been established before.

Thanks for your feedback.
BR
Aronne

Hi There,
Can you get the backup with support files from ebuddy please.
Also, is this a new device or was it used before?

Thanks,
Juliana

Create an Ewon backup through ebuddy

Hi Juliana,
Unfortunately i’ve uploaded only the backup file. I Will upload the new file this week. The device is working from 2 years but this problem Is happened before Xmas and since then It Is not working at all.

Thanks for a feedback, maybe you can check what i’ve uploaded in the meantime.

BR
Aronne

Hi @NET2020,

Unfortunately the backup file you sent is not opening for me. I would need a .tar file instead of a .etar.

Thanks,
Juliana

MOVED TO STAFF NOTE (52 KB)

Hi Juliana,

Attached the file you need. Please let me know if i can do something else.

Bye
Aronne

Hi @NET2020,

Sorry it took me some time, but the backup was in Italian so I had to manage it.
From your logs, looks like that your cosy is unable to reach a DNS server. You can try a public DNS (8.8.8.8) when you’re going through the wizard and make sure you have a reliable internet connection.

Also, when the wizard gets stuck, does it ever resume? Do you get an error? Or Do you have to reboot the cosy to be able to continue?

Thanks,
Juliana

Hi Juliana,
Don’t worry about the time.
I’ve tried again with the Google’s DNS (8.8.8.8) but seems to give me the same problem.
When the session stucks, the cosy remains unreachable for 2 minutes, appears a message that says:“connection lost with the device”.
After these 2 minutes the wizard page does refresh and remains stucked like the first image i’ve uploaded.
Thank you
Regards
Aronne

Hi Juliana,
any news about this case ?
Regards
Aronne

Hello @NET2020 ,

You can try the following:
go to Setup → Storage → Edit COM cfg → search for NATITF → change your NATITF value from 0 to 3 → save → reboot.

Try running the wizards again after that. Let me know how it goes.

Thanks,
Juliana

Hi Juliana,
Sorry for the delay. It doesn’t work too…
Seems that the cosy is crashed.
Any other idea ?
Regards
Aronne

Hi @NET2020,

I’m honestly running out of options. Is it possible to test it with a different WAN connection (different internet switch) and try and run all the wizards again?

If that doesn’t help, send me another backup, and we’ll take a look at the logs again.

Thanks,
Juliana

Hi Juliana,
Let me try with this.
Thanks in Advance, i Will let you know the result of this test.

Aronne

Hi there,
Any news on this?

Thanks,
Juliana

Hi Juliana,
Not tried yet.
But honestly we’re going to replace it.
Thank you anyway for your support.
Regards
Aronne

Hi @NET2020,

No worries. If you ever decide to keep working on this issue, please don’t hesitate in creating a case at support.hms-networks.com.

Best regards,
Juliana